Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To: Aunt Brylee

This little boy thinks the world of his aunt Brylee {my youngest sister}. He talks about her almost every day. When we get on the web cam with my family he gets all smiley and says,  "Brylee..I like you!"
He once saw a garage and said, "Hey they have a garage like aunt Brylee." Somehow everything reminds him of her...and how much he misses her!
She's the youngest, she deserves to have her nephew worship the ground she walks on.. right?

The other night, Teegan was drawing a picture at the table. It was bath time so I told him to hurry and get ready for the bath. He told me he was almost done drawing a picture for aunt Brylee (of course).
Later that night, Josh & I stepped out on the front porch. I stepped on a soggy piece of paper..due to the humidity. I thought that was strange & didn't really look closely at what it was. The next morning, Teegan opened the front door and squealed with excitement. The mail man had taken the picture her drew for Brylee. That's when it occurred to me what that picture was. I just played along and gave the mail man all the credit. 

Here's the picture he drew: 

It made my heart ache a little. He sure misses family like I do..{ Josh too :)}

6 comments:

Skylar and Lauren said...

Wow U've sure updated alot! I Love the post with the dogs and camden and her face with the root beer floats...I feel the same way as teegan-don't really know if/when we'll ever live by family again! sad....and ps-I'm so jealous of ur fun scraps nights!

Jackie said...

Teeg kept mentioning Brylee when we were hanging out the other night! She must be one heck of an aunt. :)

Kelsi Fullmer said...

That made me tear up! I'm getting a taste of what being away from family is like....not fun...but makes you realize you can't live without em. Good thing we can be together forever!

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I don't know why he likes her so much! I think she brainwashed him, because I know I am supposed to be his favorite!

Furniss Family said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute little picture! It sure is hard living so far away from family. Only 2 more years!

the Murphys said...

Wow! You guys have been busy little bees. I have been out of touch with the blogging world recently. Oh, how I wish I could have seen these sweet faces this past weekend (and yours too, Britt)! Super cute! I think I am going to try and convince Scott to stay a few days with the boys in the fall and let me and Ella come out for a quick visit. What do you think??? She was soooo bummed when I told her that Teeg and Camdyn would not be in Seattle with us this summer. It's not nearly as fun to have sleepovers with me. :)