Our Trip to..
{ Washington DC }Josh had a 3 week break from school..which was wonderful..so we decided it was high time we get out of town for a couple of days. DC seemed perfect since there is so much to do and see.. for free!
So first off, Josh & I both switched off at the temple. It's been way too long. The kids were very patient as they waited for us, exploring the temple grounds, playing hide-n-go seek, and having a picnic.
Afterwards we checked into our hotel, had a quick bite to eat, and jumped on the metro. We visited the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. It was so fun to make the LONG walk across the mall at sunset. It was perfect! As I watched Josh & the kids racing ahead (everything is a race to Teeg) it was one of the moments where I realized how truly happy I am.
Posing in front of the WWII Memorial. Yay for Idaho!
We rushed back to the hotel to go swimming before the pool closed.
This was all Camdyn wanted to do.
The kids didn't get to bed until 10:30. They were exhausted to say the least!
When we're on vacation it seems like our schedule goes out the window..please tell me that's normal! (The great news is they slept in until 9:00 the next morning).
Over Josh's break, he convinced me to watch 24 with him. Well of course we were addicted throughout the break! There was one night we stayed up until 4:00 a.m. {I normally couldn't do that if my life depended on it!}
So that night we lied in bed..the kids in their sleeping bags on the floor, and with our laptop we watched 24. It was a great way to end the day! :)
Day 2:
Back on the metro. The kids loved this. Now when Camdyn sees a receipt laying around the house, she thinks it's a ticket, brings it to me and says, "choo choo train peez."
We went to the Museum of Natural History:
Funny story:
As we walked through the evolution of man exhibit, Teeg saw this caveman squatting over a fire and holding up a fish. Josh & I were looking at other things close by. Teegan looked up at this guy standing near him and said, "This is Jesus?"
The guy didn't say anything he just laughed.
Of course I had to get a picture so I can tell Teeg this story someday.
Of all the exhibits, the insects were both of their favorites. We spend a lot of time there.
That spider is hard to look at even in the picture!
Could you ever imagine seeing that thing out on the loose?!
We had a picnic..well Josh & I did. All the kids wanted to do was chase the birds.
Our last stop..The Air & Space Museum.
This was probably Josh's favorite..
you know him & airplanes..and space. Teegan was fascinated too.











9 comments:
when I heard you were blogging I had to come check it out!! What a fun trip. I'm so glad you got to have some fun on Josh's break!
Now that I see these pictures, I feel like I now know what Teegan was talking about on the phone. Except you didn't get a picture in the alligator. That story of Teegan and "Jesus" made me laugh so hard!! I could see how he would think that.
oh and p.s. can I have Camdyn's swimming suit so cute!!
I'm so glad you had a great trip in D.C. It looks like a ton of fun. I had an experience similar to yours when you were watching Josh and your kids. Today we went swimming at our complex's pool and Jayla and Blake were in the pool with Daniel while I was on the sidelines with Melia. As I was wathcing them splash and smile I thought - life is good. It was a pure happiness moment. Don't you just love those!?
That is such a fun trip. Nate and I have yet to actually go up there together and do some of that stuff. Looks like tons of fun! And yes, our schedule goes out the window on vacation, too.
Isn't DC the best?! Looks like a fabulous trip!
PS- The "This is Jesus?" thing kills me. :)
Wow sounds like a wonderful trip. So glad you got to spend some family time together.
I'm so glad that you guys were able to have some fun during josh's vacation! DC is always a blast!
Looks like a fun trip! You have such a cute family!
Britt, that looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to do that. You ready for the next season of 24?
Post a Comment