Sunday, April 19, 2009

3 Years ago...

We became parents and had our first tiny miracle. I remember the day so perfectly. Teegan surprised us by coming 2 1/2 weeks early while I was still in school..a week before finals. My water broke in the middle of the night while getting out of bed. I then woke up Josh and he was certain that it was a false alarm. So we headed to the hospital with nothing, un-brushed teeth and all! Sure enough..he came that next evening..16 hours later our perfect baby boy had arrived! I remember the moment right when he was delivered, the dr. placed him on my stomach. It was the most incredibly spiritual moment I had ever experienced.. a rush of emotions all at once! I cried..along with Josh (which is rare). It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget. We are so grateful to be this little boys parents. He makes us incredibly happy everyday!!




Things about Teegan to remember...
  • He constantly asks for piggy-back rides.
  • He apparently wants his name to be Josh...it's a battle when we talk about dad's name.
  • He bites crackers to make different shapes. He asks me "What shape is this mom?" when it isn't really a shape...that's when I have to get creative.
  • He puts his toys in time out occasionally & tells the toys what we tell him. Very entertaining.
  • Requests to wear his "cow pants" -aka- camoflouge pants.
  • REALLY wants us to have a yellow car...good luck convincing dad!
  • When company comes over, he is very concerned if they don't take their shoes off.
  • He is obsessed with Thomas the train. He knows (almost) all the characters names, colors, and numbers.
  • Calls all spiders "itsy-bitsy spiders".
  • Loves listening to his cd in the car.
  • Favorite show is AFV. He laughs hysterically when people get hurt. (who doesn't?)
  • Pretends to be a ghost and puts his blanket over his head and chases Camdyn around the house. {The scary part is he now wants Camdyn to be a ghost and puts the blanket over her head..which results injury as she crashes into the wall!}
  • Loves chores! Grocery shopping: putting items in the cart, carrying sacks into the house, unloading everything onto the table. He also loves, laundry, sweeping, dusting, etc. and sings the clean up song while doing so.
  • Likes to pretend to be a dog. He cleans up toys, eats , and begs like a dog. {I remembered this one because he just brought me a toy with his mouth. He makes me laugh!}
  • Favorite book at the moment {changes often} is A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon.
  • Calls elevators..alligators. {Sound similar & too cute to correct.}
  • Thinks we have a dinosaur living in our house. Whenever the furnace kicks on, it makes a loud noise in the basement.
  • Loves to show off and afterwards say, " I so strong!" or "I so fast!"
  • He is a great tower builder with his blocks. He has a very steady hand.
  • Loves his veggies. That's the first thing he eats on his plate.
  • Loves to dance, spin, and do tricks.
  • Makes forts and tunnels with the pillows and a flashlight.
  • He is apparently the bully in nursery. {There are only 2 boys and 5 or 6 girls.}
  • Gives kisses on "owies" whenever someone gets hurt.
  • He's my little assistant in the kitchen and loves to stir.
  • Adores his sister Camdyn. He was not too interested in her when she was tiny..but now she's like a real person to him and he loves having his little buddy around all the time. It's hard for him to let her nap. Often he runs into her room to wake her up and climbs into the crib with her. {Fabulous!}
  • Favorite snack is graham crackers dipped in milk.
  • He's very complimentary. One morning I came walking upstairs in hot pink socks and he said, "Oh mom, cute socks! I like 'em." He's so sweet. Josh has told me to cut back on the word "cute" instead we use boy words...like "awesome" and "cool".
Happy birthday Teegy boy~We love you!


Teegan also shares his birthday with this cute girl..my sister, Lexie.
Happy birthday..We love & miss you!!

XOXOXO

7 comments:

Jackie said...

We sure do love that kid!

Happy birthday, Teeg.

The Critchlow Family said...

3 already! Our babies aren't so much babies anymore. He is such an adorable little boy. That is so fun that he compliments you on your socks! Every morning I make Josh's bed and he always rubs his hand over it and says "Nice Mommy, very nice" it's cute to see that they notice things now!

Nanette Hirschi said...

I miss that little boy more than you will ever understand!! Happy B-day Teegan and cute Lexie:)

Skylar and Lauren said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! He's so adorable, and I love that you write down the things to remember, I'm gonna have to start doing that...happy birthday teeg!

Fisher Family said...

So fun to hear from you! Happy Birthday to Teegan! Can't believe how big he is getting! Camdyn is just a doll! You have the cutest kids! Looks like you had a good Easter. Hope all is well. Are you coming West for the summer or staying in Virginia? We send our love!

Lindsay said...

This post made me cry. Good to read your blog and keep up that way. Hope to see you and your cute, errr, awesome family SOON!

Ashley May said...

I love all the fun facts about Teegan he is such a cutie!! I can't beleive he is three.. are you sure? I thought he was 2... seems like he was just born yesterday. Anyways- MISS YOU! Happy Birthday Teegan and Lexie!!!!!