Friday, October 24, 2008

.:Our Adventures:.

Well, Mom & Brianne have come and gone and we had a BLAST! Mom came Saturday afternoon and Brianne came later that night. Of course we were in tears when we saw each other. Teegan was telling us to hurry on the way to the airport. He was very excited to see Grandma and didn't want to leave her side. She was taking a nap and it almost killed him not being with her. We finally let him go into her room and he silently got onto the bed and laid next to her waiting for her to wake up. It was so sweet! We took about a million pictures, so I just have to say this may be the longest blog in history, so be prepared!! (I didn't even post them all...believe it or not.) Here were our day to day adventures...

Day 1: Tour of Richmond & VCU

On Sunday we went to Stake Conference and went on a drive around Richmond, by the James River. We also went to VCU so they could see where Josh goes to school. We're hoping that we have convinced Brianne to come to Dental Hygiene school here (in my dreams!).





There is a story behind this pic: I was frosting a cake and Josh overheard something that I was teasing him about, so he tried to attack me and I reacted by smearing cool whip on his face. Of course he got me back and poor helpess little Camdyn had to get involved. I love her face in this picture! haha.




Josh got free veneers at the dental school. Don't they look stunning! (YIKES)

Mom brought some cute jammies for the kiddos.



Day 2: Short Pump Mall & Byrd Theatre

Whenever we are together, of course we have to go shopping! After a couple of hours, we went to the food court and ate while Teegan played in the play area. He was so funny. There was a man sitting in there watching his kid and Teegan went up to him, pushed him on the knee to get his attention and pointed over to mom and said, "That's Grandma!" Like he was so proud that she was there. That night we went to the Byrd Theatre, which is old fashioned and very beautiful. We watched Waaallllll-E and Teegan loved every minute of it. I'm not even sure he blinked much through it.

(We were mocking Teegan)






Throwing money into the fountain.










Day 3: Washington DC

Washington DC was awesome!! Brianne had been there before, but it was mine and my mom's first time. It was only a 2 hr. drive and it was gorgeous, especially with all the colorful leaves. I can't believe how much there is to do. The only problem is time...there is never enough, especially when you have two kids with you! It was really a crazy day, i'm not even sure where to begin. Well, within our first 5 minutes of being there we got hit. It was just a small fender bender, but still that is no way to start off your day! Then it took us FOREVER to find a place to park, we later got a parking ticket and took a wrong turn into some military base and the people in front of us were getting out of their cars so they could be searched. We were laughing so hard we were crying! Mom said, "This is why 3 girls don't go to Washington DC alone!" I think she was right. We were having some terrible luck! It was so worth it though. We went to the Smithsonian- the Museum of natural history where they had some awesome exhibits. We got to see some underwater creatures and then we went into this butterfly habitat where there were a lot of butterflies flying around. Camdyn was fascinated. I couldn't believe how well she followed one butterfly at a time. I was hoping that one would land on her flower headband. We also saw the U.S. Marine Corps Memorial & the Arlington Cemetery. There are more than 300,000 people buried there. We overheard a tour guide who said that in some of the graves there are up to 3 people. Veterans from all of the nation's wars are buried in this cemetery from the American Revolution up to the war in Iraq and it is unbelievable to see all of the headstones. There is very much a reverence and respect that exists there. Freedom doesn't come free, that's for sure! We didn't realize how huge the cemetery was and we had been walking for almost 20 minutes, then we decided that we needed to turn around and walk back to the car and drive around to the other end of the cemetery...it was HUGE! We went to the Tomb of the Unknown Solider and watched the changing of the guard. What an awesome day, I want to go back soon!



The White House


Brianne {along with the GPS} were the navigators, while I was in the back keeping kids happy & mom had her work cut out for her...driving in DC is crazy, which is why I refused!





Teegan kept putting his hand over his mouth & saying, "oh my gosh!" whenever he would see something fascinating or just creepy. {You can tell he was with the girls, because if he were with boys, he would be saying "That's awesome!"}





Below: Mom & Bri posing with a gigantic squid...and this is why I am afraid to swim in the ocean!







The Butterfly Habitat: 80 degrees + 80% humidity= frizzy hair do!
















We got so tired of pushing the stroller...especially uphill.












Day 4: Maymont Park
On their last day, we went to Maymont Park which is absolutlely BEAUTIFUL this time of the year! Then we went and ate at Bottom's Up Pizza in downtown Richmond.














































Time sure does fly by when you're having fun, why is that? I had been waiting for them to come and visit ever since we moved and it seemed like they had come and gone in the blink of an eye. And now my heart hurts! I was just fine with my new life in Richmond, then they had to come along & ruin me! I remember now how much I really miss them. Homesickness is the worst! I can't wait until Christmas. Thank you Mom & Brianne for coming to my rescue. We had a lot of good laughs & we cried a little too...Brianne starts it. Thank you too dad I know it was hard for you to be away from mom for so long! I LOVE you all! :)

11 comments:

The Critchlow Family said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun with your family in Virginia! There is so much to do out there they could come for weeks and you could do something different everyday and still have more to see!! You asked how we were enjoying our new place...we LOVE Ohio. We live in Avon which is about 20 mintues west of Cleveland and really really like it. It is about 3 miles from Lake Erie and there is a lot to do and see and everyone seems so nice here. Anyways...next time we are down in Virginia visiting Marks mom we will have to get together and go out to dinner with your little family or do something fun! I'm glad you are having such a great time out there! It is so much fun to get together with family, especially when it has been a while since you have seen them!

K. Bitton said...

It does look like you had fun! I am jealous you guys have so much to do out there. I told Jeff that we have to come out there soon! We sure miss you guys. Grace had fun looking at Teegan's pictures. Brittany, I can't imagine how home sick you are out there. Hang in there! I bet you have also made some really good friends too. Thank you so much for the comment you left on our blog. I haven't written about it yet because we are going out there tomorrow, so check back to hear how it goes! =) You are such a wonderful friend and one of my angels as well! I wish that we could live next door to each other for the rest of our lives!;) I hope this week is a good one for you! Sure do love you!

the Murphys said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time - fender bender and all! You were brave to tackle DC. It is a crazy place, but so amazing. The changing of the guards is one of my favorite things. Don't you wonder what they do if they have to go to the bathroom though? Or sneeze? Now, I want to see my Oompa Loompa and Smarties! :-) And yes, we will definitely have to Skype on Halloween!

Kristin said...

My son Blake loves to look at your blog with me because of all the cute pictures of Camdyn and Teegan. He gets so excited when he sees them. It's way cute to watch him. I try to tell him that they are his cousins but I don't think he understands quite yet.

Sara said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a lot of fun in a short amount of time! I love all the fun pics with you and your mom and sis!!!

Lori said...

I love your blog Brittney! I read it like a stalker. I feel by getting to know you better, it helps me to be a better friend to your mom. I know how much your mom's heart hurts as well! She misses all of you dearly. I also want you to know how proud your mom is of you. She brightens up when she talks about what a great daughter and creative mom you are. I know that you are a wonderful blessing in her life.

Alicia said...

I just have the basic iPhoto program...although Wade just hinted/told me that he got me Photoshop CS4 for Christmas, yay! Anyways, I'm aching to get out to the West End and whenever the next game is...we'll be there! miss you guys too!

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

What a blast!! I'm so glad they got to come out... high fives for families!

Ashley May said...

Looks like soooooooo much fun. I can only imagine. Made me miss all of you guys even more.... and by the way my Mom and I were looking at the pictures and noticing how stylish you guys all look. I love hanging out with "the Hirschi's" because of all the fun shopping. Of course that's not the only reason! Anyways, I miss you guys, I'm glad you posted so many pics!!

Ulrich Family said...

That sounds like a blast! How fun to have your mom and sister come and visit your family. Glad to see that things are going well for you guys there. We sure miss you guys and are looking forward to your return. :)

Michelle said...

Wow - you guys crammed a lot into that visit. How fun! I LOVE all the pictures. Mark walked by the computer while I was looking at Josh and his "teeth". He couldn't figure out who it was. Haha.