Monday, January 11, 2016

Primary

1.3.16

Oh how I want to forever remember this sweet experience!
So it is no surprise that Max and I are in and out of sharing time in primary. Sitting and being reverent isn't a strength of his. On this particular day, we happened to be sitting in the back of the room. As someone started to read the primary spotlight...I was quickly beginning to know just who they were spotlighting.

"His favorite color is red. Food pizza.
He loves to jump on the trampoline and draw. He has a sister and a brother and 2 pet birds"

It's Max!

So Max and I went to the front of the room and they gave him a sticker. He then got to hold a long pointer finger to lead the song with. In those moments my thoughts are usually...'we'll see how this goes?!' He got a kick out of waving that sucker around in the air. As we continued to sing I Am a Child of God, he lost interest and left it behind and started jumping and squealing down the center isle. (No surprise there!) The kids are all familiar with his silliness and they laughed..we all did. Max was completely happy being the center of attention in that moment. As I looked up from him, I saw Camdyn. She was sitting in the back row on the aisle and she was glowing. She looked so proud..like he belongs to me, kind of a look. Not embarrassed because my brother is different, but more of he's so special to me.

Max spotted her and made his way back to her and she wrapped her arms around him. Oh how my mama heart almost exploded. I just did my best to not lose it and start crying!

When the song ended the chorister said, "Wow..Max really does love that song!"

No comments: