Thursday, January 28, 2016

Oh baby!!

1.18.16
I woke up knowing it was going to be a good day....a VERY good day!
I had an inkling that something might happen and this would possibly be the day we would meet our baby girl! Of course I thought that many other days before this, but it helped that I had woke up with some small contractions and was spotting a bit. I reassured Josh that I would keep him posted all along the way and kissed him goodbye and sent him off to work. 

I was actually so happy because it was MLK day and so I got to keep my kids all to myself since they didn't have school today. I loved having them be a big part of the special day! They all got bathed and we layed out school clothes..just in case I wasn't going to be there in the morning. Camdyn even mopped my kitchen floor for me. It all worked out beautifully! Sure enough my contractions started picking up but were very sporadic..every 9 mins, 4 mins, 15 mins, etc. Camdyn also helped me record them. Josh called and I let him know. I told him that he should probably wrap up with his patients, nothing that felt like a rush but since he works 30 mins away from the house and in the opposite direction of the hospital..I figured we should start planning. 

I let my neighbor Lindsay know the situation and she was willing to take my boys. There was a big group of kids jumping on our tramp, so I sent them home. My kids asked why they had to leave and I told them the baby was ready to come...all the kids started screaming and squealing. It was funny! My kids were so so excited! Teegan offered to drive me to the hospital since dad wasn't home. A friend (who was probably inspired) randomly called and asked if Camdyn could come play with her girls. When she came to pick Camdyn up I told her my situation and she thought I was crazy for being so relaxed. Pretty much she freaked me out! ;) It was about 15 minutes after she left that things really were picking up. I was taking my hospital bag out to the car and dropped it in the middle of the garage and headed back inside because my contractions were getting intense! I was ready to lay in that hospital bed! I called Josh and he didn't answer, so I knew he was still with patients. Eeek! I tried really hard not to panic!

When I heard a knock at the door and opened to see Lindsay's face I could have cried I was so happy. She said..."Uhh...can I take you to the hospital or something??" My saving grace! We loaded up all the barefoot kids in my car and as we were backing out my other neighbor Ali was pulling in. Lindsay rolled down her window and yelled.."WE'RE HAVING A BABY!" haha. Ali hollered her well wishes back and we were on our way..Toll road without any red lights! It was nice to have someone driving and distracting me all the way. 
We pulled into the hospital parking lot at 4:25 pm. She pulled up to the front and ran in to get the nurses and a wheelchair. Really...she was so wonderful!! It took me some time to get out of the car. I was having the painful contractions you can't move through. I said goodbye to Teeg all the way in backseat and told him he could come meet his sister soon. I got all settled in my wheelchair and was off with the nurses. It was so strange to be all by myself! It was all a whirlwind! They asked me some questions and when I told them this was baby #4...they got even faster! One had a clipboard with paperwork and asked me all they needed to know. (It helped that a couple of weeks ago I had pre-checked in.) I got changed into my gown and laid down in the exam room bed. When she checked me I was completely shocked to hear I was between a 7 and an 8!!! I think the first words out of my mouth after finding out was 'EPIDURAL'! With each of my deliveries that was always my fear, of it being to late for an epidural. 

As they were helping me get out of the bed and take me to the delivery room, Josh came walking in with his reassuring smile. I want to always remember that face. That look of excitement that it was time! Oh how I love him and need him. He said he was surprised he didn't get pulled over because he sped the whole way. He made good time!
Funny thing...my sister texted me this morning asking if anything was going to happen. Even though I kind of knew, I wanted to be certain and things escalated so quickly so I wanted to surprise them. I had to save our group conversation. They, along with Josh's family were very much a part of the experience. It was fun to face time my mom at work before it was time to push.

Thankfully they gave me the epidural and I was feeling real good. Even though I could have started pushing sooner rather than later, since I wasn't feeling pressure they let me get nice and comfortable...so it could take full effect. Hallelujah!
...And after pushing through a few contractions, there she was our beautiful dark haired baby girl. 
She was so quiet and calm...then after a bit let her voice be heard. I loved her little cry! Oh there's nothing in the world that compares to that moment when that babe which grew inside of me for 9 months, is placed on my chest! 
There are no words to describe that feeling. It's instant love. This pregnancy was long and hard, but in that moment it was sooo worth it! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. We are so in love with every little ounce of her! 

We actually didn't decide on her name until the day after her birth, we wanted to be certain. But this name just felt right. 
Welcome to the world...
Oh that little pucker...I die!!

 Josh went and grabbed me dinner and brought it back. Then a sweet friend brought the kids because they were beyond excited to meet her before going to bed. What a sweet moment it was. 
Max surprised us when he showed some interest in the baby...it didn't last too long. 
This series of photos of Teeg are some of my favorites! He was giddy as can be. 

My whole world in that corner of the delivery room. My heart is so full. 
Getting her first bedtime bath. 
Oh it was the most perfect day. And by far my easiest delivery of all of my babies. Thank you Ivy! 

No comments: