Friday, November 27, 2015

Gender Reveal

9.11.15
Well we were supposed to find out whether Baby #4 is a boy or a girl...BUT instead I wound up in the ER with a kidney stone. I accidentally made a scene arriving and leaving, but I won't even talk about it. This hubby of mine has seen me at my very worst the last couple of days! It's been ugly. Apparently I am prone to kidney stones during pregnancy.  This one has taken the longest to pass and it has been miserable. It made for a VERY long night. The medication I was allowed to take wore off too quickly and I just had to suffer and wait to take more. Josh was nothing short of amazing not only taking over all of my motherly duties but staying up with me all night long because he didn't want me to be alone and rubbed my back. He's wonderful and I love him and it's a good thing this baby of our will be well worth it! 

 I went and had my ultrasound and Josh came with me. I couldn't even stand up straight and I had a rice pack on my back. Luckily it was quick because they could see I couldn't hold still long because of the pain. We looked away and the ultrasound tech wrote the results on a paper and put it in an envelope to send home with us. We wanted to find out in a fun way with the kids. That's when they sent me down to the ER, just in case the stone was too large to pass. Anyway..I survived and it took a few days to feel normal again. 
I had the results sitting in my purse all day..crazy because we were so anxious to find out, but the situation took all the fun out of it! That night Josh dropped off the envelope to one of my friends who is an amazing baker. She layered the inside of the cake with pink or blue frosting for our surprise. 

That next day we were ready. It was hard having this cake sitting on our kitchen counter staring at me, waiting for Josh and the kids to get home! 
We were ready...and it's..PINK! 
We're having a girl!! We all wanted a girl, except for Camdyn. I think she was secretively protecting herself incase it was another brother. She prayed for maybe a year for a baby sister! 
I cried I was so happy. What an emotional couple of days.
Josh's sweet mom, Susan, sent us some pink flowers.
Camdyn and I were thrilled to go buy her some cutsie clothes! Lots of pink and floral.

No comments: