Our fourth of July was awesome!
We spent it in West Yellowstone. The last time we were there on Independence day was when Teeg was a wee little baby. We got ice cream, watched Mary Poppins at the Playmill..which was incredible, went to dinner afterwards, and went to a nearby park for fireworks. Couldn't ask for a better holiday.
Teegan however wishes his mom took less pictures. One day he'll thank me.
I love that Teeg still grabs my hand, wanting to hold it. I know it won't last forever, so i'll soak it in while I can.
Mary Poppins is one of my favs. I was worried after seeing the show on broadway I would be disappointed, but it was fabulous. The tap dancing in "step in time"..was my favorite. We had the songs in our head the rest of the evening. Later that night when we got home, we were sitting around and talking about the show. Josh asked if anyone teared up because he admitted that he did. I told him yes and asked if it was the moment Mary was lowered through the ceiling with her umbrella and the crowd applauded. He said for him it was during Mr. Banks' solo number when he was looking right at Josh and singing about being present in his kid's lives.
We were all surprised that was his moment and laughed..not expecting it.
Pop rocks and glow sticks that they used as magic wands, kept these kids happy.
We celebrated our birthdays together with brownies and ice cream.
..And went out to dinner the following night.
We spotted a moose and her baby on our way home, right of the road. We parked and watched for awhile. The kids later had an encounter with it from afar when they were playing zombie tag in the woods. It spooked them a bit.
Here is their finished fort that Papa helped them with. They were so proud of that thing. They spent a lot of time cleaning it out and decorating it. We occasionally saw people passing by that would stop to take a look.



















No comments:
Post a Comment