Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Leprechauns

I'm going to confess..I am not big into St. Patrick's day.
We don't do much beyond wearing green and eating a green breakfast. 

This year for fhe, I had a scavenger hunt for the kids that the "leprechauns" left..although the kids knew I was behind it. They were excited and loved finding all of their clues...especially their gold at the end of the hunt. When it was over, Teegan wasn't quite satisfied. At school his friends had told him all the things that the leprechaun did for them...one girl even saw the little guy. So Teegan made a little house for him out of a shoe box, trying to trap him in it. 

Long story short..I tried to play along with him and I didn't do it right. He asked me if the leprechaun really came. I told him the truth..that there is no such thing and he didn't even believe me. Really? 
Since when did this little guy become so important? I guess if it matters to Teegan it matters to me. 

Here is one leprechaun that did visit though...
The kids were so excited to find clovers in the yard. They must be lucky!

No comments: