The Miles family has a big change coming in the very near future.
We are moving to Austin, Texas this summer! We bought a dental practice. We've known for a couple of months now, but I've put this post off because of the many emotions stirring inside of me.
Josh has been associating in a practice in Nampa since July of last year and had a great experience, but ultimately he discovered that it wasn't quite what he wanted. We love Idaho and it will always be home, but Texas has been on our minds for years now.
When I look back on the past year and a half, it becomes very apparent that the Lord has had His hand in this move. I have had some very powerful spiritual experiences. While I am scared of the unknown, I am comforted in knowing this is the Lord's will and He has a plan for our family. I have learned to not only trust His plan but also His timing as we have waited patiently for the right opportunity to come up. What an emotional roller coaster ride it has been. Too many times I got my hopes up about job opportunities that didn't work out.
When this practice came up..in this small town I had never heard of.. and Josh mentioned it to me, I immediately said no. I was tired of even thinking about Texas, but the more he looked into it the better it sounded. Josh had talked to the owner on the phone and next thing we knew, we were flying out to see the practice and to meet him and his wife. Everything about this practice made us happy. The office is cute and cozy and we fell in love with the owner and his wife. They have awesome accents and possess that southern hospitality. I really hope we get together with them often.
Shortly after our visit, we found out that he wanted to sell his practice to us. We were pretty excited about it. We even went out to celebrate at Texas Roadhouse. Yum!
Buying has been quite the process with the bank, our lawyer, and accountant. Josh has worked tirelessly! A lot of sleep has been lost. I'm so grateful for such a diligent and hard working husband.
Before our next visit, Dr. Moore was so generous and paid for Josh and I to fly out and meet the team. We were so looking forward to this because we had heard wonderful things about them. Walking through the doors was like greeting old friends. They all welcomed us so warmly with hugs. We had brought them some spud fudge straight from Idaho. I had so much fun chatting with them in the office while Josh took time to "interview" them. They were so incredibly easy to talk to. I loved seeing the way they interacted with the patients coming in. When patients left they would tell them they loved them.
It is a small town that has an old fashioned feel to it. I can totally see Josh loving it. I may just want to go to work with him everyday to hang out with the ladies!
It is a small town that has an old fashioned feel to it. I can totally see Josh loving it. I may just want to go to work with him everyday to hang out with the ladies!
So this is happening. Josh actually leaves this week. He starts work the beginning of May and I am going to stay and finish out the school year with the kids. Camdyn could move tomorrow, she is so excited. Teegan wanted to finish out with his friends and not miss out on his big field trip. He is also excited but doesn't give it an-all-the-way-thumbs up because he doesn't like the possibility of tornados. (I really don't either!) Other than that he is on board. He loves packing and moving.
We really do feel good about this decision. At night when we are feeling tired..the insecurity and doubt creep in and we realize we just need to go to bed and sleep it off. We wake up feeling happy and good about it. Anything big, like this, will always be scary!
In general conference, I loved President Uchtdorf's talk. It spoke to me.
"We can choose to be grateful, no matter what....How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?..How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan
there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."
"We can choose to be grateful, no matter what....How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?..How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan
there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."
This applied to our situation, although we are moving away from home and away from family..it is of course not the end, but a new beginning. I love that perspective. I want to embrace our future and our new adventure. Life is beautiful and full of surprises.
I love the gospel for direction and purpose it gives us. I am grateful for tender mercies that make our Father's love very apparent. It's funny how this practice was not what I thought we would want, but He knew better. It is just what we had hoped for.




6 comments:
I am excited for you! I hate those night time insecurities, but I love the uchdorf quote. Congratulations!
My sister lives just outside of Austin in a small town called Hutto, Texas. She absolutely loves it there. They have lived in Austin for probably 5 years and just decided to buy a house and move someplace smaller. You will do great in this new part of life. Congratulations!
That sounds like such a good place with such nice people! I always thought Wichita would be the last place I'd live but I loved it because of the good good people there. Congrats!
Congratulations!!! We loved the three years we spent in Texas! The people were very friendly and welcoming. We are excited for you and wish you all the best!!!!
So excited for you! I've heard nothing but good things about Austin and they are lucky to be getting the Miles family! :) Always a good feeling to feel at peace with big decisions... can't wait to read all about your Texas adventures! xoxo
Oh my goodness! How exciting! I'm so happy for you and Texas is so lucky to be gaining a family like you.
Post a Comment