Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree..

Our original plan was to go out and cut down a tree, but with crazy Max running around..we are all about convenience. Maybe next year. The night we went out it was raining..which never happens in Idaho! So we just went to Lowe's where we were covered, nice and dry.
The kids found our tree..
 
Camdyn practicing her photography skills..  
Love this photo!
Daddy and all of his little helpers..
 
Afterwards, we met up with some friends for some ice cream. The perfect treat for when you're already freezing. ;) We spent the next morning decorating..

  
The kids love having bedtime stories by the tree. (I do too!) There is nothing like the glow..and the wonderful smell! Makes me so happy. 
Camdyn is obsessed with rearranging the ornaments and Teegan has loved making them for Santa to read. Although they are slightly tacky and don't go with my decor..they are absolutely adorable and I would never have the heart to take them down.
I have realized that when my kids are grown, I will probably be missing it when things stay exactly where I put them! I don't need a fancy tree anytime soon. :)
 
It was time for a new tree skirt. My sister and I spent a million hours making them. I love the way they turned out. It's just too bad it is almost completely covered by our full tree and is probably covered in sap. 

No comments: