Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mexico

The morning after graduation we went to Mexico with some of our closest friends. I was so excited to get my passport stamped! This trip was something that we had talked about since first year of dental school. We wanted to do something big to celebrate the end. So glad we did! It really was like a honeymoon but with our friends there too. Best of both worlds. It was so wonderful to sleep and relax and do whatever the heck we wanted for a whole week before we went our separate ways.
Akumal Beach...



{Shafers came a couple of days later.}
I must say that snorkeling is my all time favorite activity! It's so fun to see all the fishies.
 We got to swim around some sea turtles too. It was nesting season, so they were in shallow water because at night they lay their eggs on shore. Josh may have touched one that was surfacing. We later found out that wasn't allowed along with swimming above the coral reef. We were breaking all sorts of rules we weren't aware of..oops!


{Of course I wasn't topless..this was a joke. It's funny that they had to put this sign up by the pool at our resort.}

It was nice cause we'd do our own things as couples..but usually bump into each other at the buffet for meals. We had some activities that we all planned together. There were also a few nights that we met in someone's room for a game night..cards & the Newlywed Game..or a late night swim.
 
Dinner date..


We did a whole lot of eating..especially Josh. We figured he had around 30 tostados & empanadas total! :) It was good food..or so I thought until I got sick. Then all I wanted was something bland. I was careful to not drink the water but still got sick..darn Mexico!
We made sure we had plenty of pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris "sin acol" meaning no alcohol.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

What a fun way to celebrate graduating! Looks like a great trip. You will probably stay in touch with many of the friends you made in dental school. We have.

Amber said...

That's the best way to celebrate!! You guys are so lucky to have such good friends. Looks like you guys had a blast!!