Monday, January 11, 2010

{Christmas Vacation}
Ok...I seriously have a problem!! I take way too many pictures & want to share them all. My New Years resolution is actually to take LESS pictures. No, not really but I could take it down a notch or two. Too much of a good thing, isn't always a good thing!
Sorry if I overwhelm anyone with this picture overload...you don't have to look at them all. :)

After spending a day in the airport, Camdyn learned how to say the word airplane, more like"eerpane." Which she said over & over again all day! We flew into Salt Lake and stayed a night with Josh's sister, Becky, then headed home to Idaho to see my family. It's always a good feeling to be home.


Love the smells of Christmas! We did a whole lot of baking this year. Mom had too many new creative ideas. Teegan was thrilled to get in on the action in the kitchen with all the girls.





We had a gingerbread decorating contest. Landon was the judge..guess who won. Josh of course. Something about originality blah blah blah.



Grandma Susan gave Camdyn this doll & she was so in love with it...she wanted her wrapped up, put her to bed, and made crying noises for her. I'm so glad we've reached this stage!


Teeg snuck behind the tree with a jar of malt balls.
The best part about this picture is he didn't even know I was there!






Teeg got Spiderman slippers...which of course calls for break dancing in the kitchen!



For Santa's letter this year we asked Teegan what he wanted us to write & he then drew a picture to leave out with the cookies & milk.
His letter read:

Dear Santa, 
Thank you for my presents and for the jump rope. 
Avery wants a kite.
Samantha wants a car.
Lexie's Christmas tree is over there.
Love, 
Teegan
What a sweet letter for a 3 year old. Santa was so impressed he thought of his friends!


 New Jammies


..The Christmas Eve pile up..

So years ago, when I was like 12, we took a picture of everyone stacked up from oldest on bottom to youngest on top. Little did we know that we would continue doing this even after we got married. It was fun to have Nick included this year. I don't know how much longer we are going to be able to do this before I require an oxygen mask next to me...I am so claustrophobic! It's so worth the picture though. Poor Josh! He had no idea what he was getting into. We missed Camdyn too who was already in bed.

Christmas Morning..
Teegan's face says it all.
It was so fun that Teeg understood the reason for Christmas better this year. I overheard him telling Camdyn one day that the tree was for Jesus for his birthday! :)






Santa brought us some "Bean Boozled" jelly bellies! Which we also enjoyed sharing with Josh's family. Why is it so funny to watch people eat disgusting things?
Dad got skunk spray flavor & actually swallowed the nasty thing like it was no big deal. I thought mom was going to gag when she smelt his skunky breath!
Josh ate: vomit & rotten egg
I got: baby wipes & moldy cheese




..Cabin Sweet Cabin..
The day after Christmas, we went to Josh's family cabin in Island Park. How I have missed that place. The last time we were there, Camdyn was teeny tiny. It feels like home here.
I love that we can hang out in our pjs all day long, snuggle up to the fire, scrapbook, and eat nonstop...guilt free. There was a lot of sickness going around here this trip, but we still had a fabulous time!



This is heaven on earth for Josh! Sledding in shorts...crazy!
{He just took the kids for a short ride.}



Teegan & Camdyn were able to get acquainted with their new cousins..Cade & Cole.
After holding Cade, Teeg said he wanted to take one home!
This picture kills me...too darling. He liked touching cheek to cheek.

 
 
 
 
 
Like father like son.



Becky & Scott sure do a lot of this..but those cuties are sure worth it!





We took the kids to a little sledding hill. We got there & just pushed the kids down the hill without any explanations. I so wish we could have seen the looks on their faces. Teegan's little body bounced all over the place, but he managed to stay on. It was hysterical! He did face plant a couple of times, but just laughed about it. Camdyn on the other hand..not a fan.












Teeg & Uncle Steven

We had a nice 3 week break. It was so wonderful to relax & spend some good quality time with family and to actually see Josh all day long. It was great! It is nice to be home again back into the swing of things.

Family: We love you all!

16 comments:

Jackie said...

What a fun vacay! Family is the best.

PS- I hope Josh conditions and trains himself each year in preparation for that sitting-on-each-other family pic!

Fisher Family said...

Love all the pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas vacation.

K. Bitton said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Those twins are adorable! It was sure fun to see you and I'm glad we can keep in touch:)

Christen said...

I love all your pictures and I have the same problem with taking too many. I have a hard time even deleting blurry ones. Help!! :) Glad you had a great vacation, but glad you're back in VA!

Mike and Kaci said...

That looks like a way fun break! I haven't seen Steven for years!!

The Fox Family said...

YAY! thanks for taking the time to post all these pics!!! I love looking at your adorable kids! Looks like you had guys had some fun ;)

Amber said...

So fun! I love all of your pics, so cute! Especially the sledding ones. SO happy you all had a wonderful CHristmas. It was great to see you guys!

Furniss Family said...

Looks like you guys were busy, but had a very fun break with all the family!! Love seeing all the cute pictures :) Glad you guys made it home safely.

Olsens said...

I totally know what you are talking about with taking too many pictures. Then I dread for days doing a post because I have too many pictures. But I love them. Your family is too cute! Glad you had a good break. I'm so sad we only get 2 weeks off now. I miss the longer breaks.

The Sherman's said...

What a fun trip! Your twin nephews are so cute! I love the pic with your sisters in your matching coats. Is that my Avery Teegan mentioned in his letter? What a sweet boy thinking of others. So fun...

Katie said...

That was so fun looking at all of your pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time! What cute families you have!

Kelsie Thueson said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog Josh!! It looks like you guys had a GREAT christmas! We miss seeing you and your cute little kids! We find out where we go again this summer next week (already!) and Cade is hoping for Virginia again!! We will keep you posted! We'd love to live by you guys again! Hope all is well!

the Murphys said...

Oh, can we do it all over again (without all the sickness :-)! It was so fun to be together. Ella misses Teeg and Camdyn. She loves having little shadows that think the world begins and ends with her. Ha!Ha! So glad that you have decided to make the trek to Martha's Vineyard. It will be a blast!

Sara said...

Ok it is scary how similar our families/ we are! We take a pic just like that- but my mom likes to do more like a family sandwich with me smooshed on the bottom! Love all the pics, Teagan's sweet letter, him sneaking chocolate, the cabin looks fun and on and on! Fun post- don't you feel so relieved to get it done?! I always feel so great after a nice long post is finally completed:)

Unknown said...

Pictures are a good thing and yours are incredible! -Especially when you're journaling with them. What a wonderful record you are making for your children to look back on. You do save it somewhere else, right? We loved being with everyone, and yes, less sickness would have made it more fun. I promise to be a funner (if that were a word) Grandma next time we see you all. We love you and excited to be together this summer. I can't wait to get into the ocean with all my kiddos! I miss that part of my old life!

Ashley May said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas Vacation. I love the Christmas Eve pile-up picture! Looks like you were all good this year cause HOLY COW that was a LOT of presents under/around the tree. I bet that was fun!!!!

We miss you a ton!
Love, Ashley :)