Sunday, November 22, 2009

a VERY scary moment!
So let me just tell you...Josh couldn't have chosen a better time to go to dental school. My teeth are horrible...always have been! I get cavities like crazy! I have so much work that needs to be done. Lucky for us, it's free for the spouses of students. So I had this tooth that clearly was a cavity..I pointed it out to Josh one night and the obsession began {jk}. He checked on it constantly & was so excited hoping he would be able to give me my injections. He was so thrilled...how could I deny him the opportunity?! Even though I was scared out of my mind...knowing how little experience he had. {Not that i don't trust him or anything.}
I am proud to report that he did an awesome job! 
I give him 2 thumbs up!!
Lucky for me, I could hardly feel the injection!
One of my fillings ended up being pretty big and they had to go below my gums...which led to 5 more injections that Josh gave in places I didn't even know you could inject into! Ahhhhh...I had to keep my eyes closed at all times and take myself to my happy place. :) I ended up being there in the chair with my mouth wide open for 3 hours. I think I need a little time before returning.




* I hate going to the dentist...but I sure do love seeing my hubby doing his thing!

8 comments:

K. Bitton said...

I'm so glad all went well! He'll have to be our dentist once he is done. :)

Aly said...

OH.....I feel ya. I HATE going to the dentist. Probably because I always have cavities and have horrible teeth, too. Glad it went well! At least you had a dentist who REALLY didn't want to hurt you! Although three hours with your mouth open is no fun either.

Jackie said...

Yay for Dr. Miles! Did you ever think you'd be one of his first patients?! I guess being a guinea pig is a part of the deal...

Amber said...

That is so awesome! Yay for Josh! So I totally hear ya on the cavity thing. Everyone is always like, "you have very pretty teeth," and I'm like well um my teeth are decieving because I always have cavities! It's so horrible and of course annoying to have to be in the routine of getting them fixed. I never got the experience of going to the dentist and him saying "no cavities!" Unfortunately I have never felt that joy ha ha. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this! Maybe I should have Josh shoot me too! I'm so used to being injected, may as well be someone I know ha ha. Congrats Dr. Josh! And good luck with your mouth!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Brittany I am so proud-u are my inspiration-I am so scared of needles and I am super duper scared of getting an injection from...well u know. the hubby! But u can't get around it...so, thanks for helping me find the courage to go under the needle! eeeek! glad u survived! haha! see u on thursday..!

The Fox Family said...

haha! Awesome! I love that you have these pictures! how fun! I really hate the dentist too! But I always try to be really brave, but when it's Erik I think I will be whining and cringing..like "Hunny! That hurts!" haha. You look very brave!

Fisher Family said...

Josh looks like a dentist! Glad Brittany survived it all!

Jessica F said...

Do you have an email I can reach you at? Here is mine: jessicafeely [at] gmail.com

I had a question for you...