Monday, September 28, 2009

celebrating us..

Friday was our 5th wedding anniversary. Our sweet friends, Hutch & Katie offered to take the kiddos for the night. Of course we took them up on the offer and knew that our kids would love the idea too...since they adore the Hutchisons. {For days Teeg talked about his pajama party he was going to have with them.}So we packed our bags and were off the Virginia Beach. We had been waiting for months for this get away. It kind of felt like our honeymoon again! We had big plans of spending our days on the beach and working on our tans, but mother nature had other plans...it was gloomy & windy. Hey we weren't complaining too much, we could do whatever the heck we wanted whenever we wanted to do it! {Sleeping in was one of the best parts of the weekend.}



We ate dinner at LA Marinella Trattoria. Don't know to pronounce it, but it was delicious! Afterwards we went and got some chocolate cake to take back to our room and watched The Proposal. I love anniversaries. Josh is more than willing to let me pick the movie.



It was the Neptune Festival that weekend so we went to the beach. There was a parade, vendors all along 
the boardwalk, a surfing competition and all sorts of activities. 







I am so glad he asked me...and that I said yes 
5 years ago!

19 comments:

Alicia said...

Too cute! Congrats you guys!

Christen said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, what an awesome thing the Hutchisons did for you - sweet friends indeed! Glad you could get away together.

Um, I love Josh's face in the post below with all the kids ... looks like he is THRILLED with the co-op! hehe

Jackie said...

Oh man... I sure do like you two. I'm glad you said yes too!

Aly said...

Happy anniversary! That is so great that you got to do that. Looks like so much fun and a nice getaway!

The Fox Family said...

Im glad you guys still had fun...despite the weather. And you look so stinkin cute. You have the cutest clothes! Congrats!

Skye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skye said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!!! It doesn't seem like we've even been out of high school that long. Time sure does fly!!!

Furniss Family said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun celebration, glad you two got to get away, I'm sure it was needed :) Before you know it you will be celebrating your 10th anniversary.

Fisher Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It looks like you had a fun get away!

Ashley May said...

5 years goes by fast! I love the picture of Josh proposing... it reminds me of your wedding video. You should bring it!!!

Looks like a fun weekend.. I'm jealous!

Dallings said...

Congrats! You two are a perfect match. Loved the proposal story, good one Josh, someday you'll have to blindfold her for a car too!

Ulrich Family said...

Happy Anniversary guys! That is awesome. 5 years - that's a big one. That's great you were able to have some time together - congrats!

the Murphys said...

Wow, time really does fly by! Ella was just 2 months old when you got married. And now our boys are two months old. Crazy! So glad you had the chance to get away and spend some time together. So excited to see you all in a few days. YEAH!!!

the Murphys said...

Wow, time really does fly by! Ella was just 2 months old when you got married. And now our boys are two months old. Crazy! So glad you had the chance to get away and spend some time together. So excited to see you all in a few days. YEAH!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

oh how fun! I am glad that you guys were able to get away! Congrats! oh and by the way.. I LOVE THE HAT!!

Nicole Harris Tingey said...

5 years! holy cow! Im coming up on my second! Your kids are adorable and i wish you lived closer so we could meet up! miss you!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that u got to get away for ur anniversary and that u had such a wonderful time. happy anniversary!

Hilarie* said...

Congrats!! Such beautiful pictures of you guys!! Britt you always look so good.. and such cute clothes! Whats your secret?

Sara said...

Oh that trip looks like so much fun! I love all the cute pics- and you look darling in that hat! The last pic where he is proposing made my eyes all teary! So cute that the moment was caught on camera. Oh and of course I love the prego barbie pics:) I have no idea why there would be confusion about you being prego- there is no way a baby is in your tiny flat tummy! Not that I am coveting or anything:) Love ya girl!