So Brittany told me that my "Sunday chore" was to journal all of the pictures she posted. I told her I don't do chores on Sunday, but then caved in as I almost always do. When I saw the number of pictures she uploaded, I wish I would have stuck to my no chores on Sunday principle. This is going to take a while.
My Mom and niece, Ella, came to visit us from Seattle and Salt Lake. They came the night of July 2 and left on the 9th. We were really excited to see them, and Teegan had been talking about seeing Ella for weeks. Britt and I were able to spend both of our birthdays and the 4th with them, so it was a great week to have family in town.
Grandma and the kiddos before church.
...at the pool
Our b-days were great! Becky sent Ella with a big chicken card for Britt and I. It was a music card and Ella did a little chicken dance right when we opened it. Teegan and Camdyn loved the dance too (it's the dance on Britt's b-day entry).
The kids loved the fireworks. Camdyn cried at first, but then got used to it. They screamed and cheered almost the entire time. It was the best fireworks show I've ever seen!


After the show was over we walked back to the car which was parked in the Yorktown Battlefield (they turned it into a huge parking lot). It took us forever to get out. Mom and Britt tried talking me into cutting through the middle of the lot up to the front of the line, but I told them I couldn't do it because of my principles (I didn't cave that time, but I kind of wish I would have).
Mom and I went to St. John's Church on Sunday afternoon. The church was built in 1741, and it is where Patrick Henry gave his "Give me liberty, or give me death" speech at the 2nd Virginia Convention that led up to the Revolutionary War (did I mention I love Wikipedia). There is a live reenactment of a portion of that convention every Sunday. Mom got her picture taken with Patrick Henry (on her right) and George Washington. Other delegates were there including Thomas Jefferson.



Chick-fil-a..can you tell Camdyn was scared of the cow? Maybe because it's only standing on two legs!































8 comments:
Josh, this is Jeff. I check blogs about once every three weeks and I enjoyed reading your post today. I had to laugh when you said you have a no chores on Sunday policy. I try to use that one a lot (whether or not it works in still up for debate). Sounds like you guys are living up the Virginian life and your dental skills used to help out your family are more than impressive. I hear most dentists have fled southeastern Idaho so there should be plenty of opportunities for you guys to open up a practice here!) Best wishes.
Looks like you guys have had an eventful week, lot's of fun, and hope you had fun Birthday's!! How fun to have your mom here to visit! Yorktown looked like it was a neat place to go and i can't wait to go myself :) There are way to many fun things to do here!
Good job on the post Josh! How fun that your mom and niece could be there for both your birthdays and the Fourth of July! it looks like you had a great time! There are so many fun historical places to visit there. Hey Brittany maybe we are some how related through your grandmother.
You guys have been busy! Wow. I have missed a ton. So, Josh, you need to have a little talk with Nate and teach hiim how to blog. I am impressed.
I'm impressed with Teegan jumping in the water like that. I can't even get Jayla to put her face in the water. Thanks for sharing all those pictures.
No wonder she is bored now! :-) It looks like fun was not in short supply. Thanks for blogging all of this. I think I'll just refer people on our blog to yours since you did such a great job. And thanks again for taking such good care of her! Oh, and I did get the file you sent downloaded. Thx!
Brittney, each time I look at your blog I am amazed at how your kids can get cuter with each passing day. They truly are beautiful.
good journaling!!
Post a Comment