Sunday, July 19, 2009

a few firsts...

  • Camdyn with straight hair.
No one loves Camdyn's curls more than me, but I was a little curious about what her hair would look like straight. It was an experiment gone terribly wrong. It was a frizzy, static mess. Teegan took one look at her and laughed! At least now I know...
Camdyn + straight hair = a troll.

  • Camdyn is an independent eater.
{I love, but also hate this stage!}





  • Camdyn has mastered climbing on the table.

  • Teegan had a visit to the dentist.
This was a HUGE deal to this little boy! I told him that I made the appointment at dad's school. He asked me everyday since that conversation when he would get to go. When they called us back into the clinic, Teegan looked up at the guy and told him "I need my teeth fixed!" He was a crack up to watch..it was so fun for me. :) He layed there perfectly still while he got his teeth cleaned. He did get a case of giggles though, when they used the spit sucker and that attracted a few other dental students to come see what was so funny. He then got a token to go pick out a prize for being such a good patient. He was thrilled.

  • Teegan's officially & finally potty-trained.


A few note-worthy experiences to remember about Teegan's potty training experience:

- We have a white, blue, & yellow (gag) toilet at our house, so Teeg makes requests for what color of potty chair he wants to use.
- The first time he went by himself he turned off the light, shut the door, and wanted me sitting outside of the door. (Very private boy)
- He likes to take a couple of cars in with him so they can watch him go.
- When he goes potty he says, " I'm making a waterfall!"
- He likes to dangle a long piece of tp and into the toilet and says he's fishing.
- He MUST be the one to flush.


Teegan helped paint this cars potty chart and once he finished the race, by filling it with stickers, he got to pick out a "potty prize".


  • Josh is taking boards (in the morning).

Check him out...he even studies in his sleep! He really has worked very hard and has been studying like crazy. He says he's already lost sleep just thinking about it.
He told me tonight that I was treating him like he has cancer. I'm just very concerned about him...and maybe a little worried myself. I am very confident that he will do great.

10 comments:

Kara said...

wow, they take boards early there! James doesnt take his boards until like May. Hope he does well! Camdyn is such a cutie. Love her little smile!

Jackie said...

Love the straightened hair and Teeg's underwear booty.

I can't wait for Josh to be done! I'm certain he'll rock it.

the Murphys said...

Ok, first, Camdyn could never be a troll! But I have to agree that the straight look just doesn't do her cuteness justice. Congrats Teegan! Love the new big boy underwear. I'm sure he'll love you when he's older and finds out you posted this booty pic of him. And great job on the dentist. He better like the dentist, eh?! Or there could be big trouble at your house. And last, but certainly not least, Josh is going to do awesome today. He always stresses like crazy and then comes out of it with flying colors and I'm confident this time will be the same! Good luck! And enjoy this next little break!! Love you all!
P.S. Thanks again for the bday message from Teeg. We have played it over and over. Ella thinks he's so funny!

K. Bitton said...

You guys have been busy! Teegan sounds like a crack up! Glad he is potty trained. That is a wonderful day huh? :) Camdyn, I can't believe she's already climbing on things! They get so big so fast. So do you think you guys are going to have extra time to get together when you are out here in October? We would love to catch up, even if it's only for a little bit. Let me know what you think:)

Ulrich Family said...

What a cute post! Congrats Teegan!What a huge step. And the boards, Josh? You will have to let us know how it goes! Good Luck!

Katie said...

Oh we miss those cute faces!! Camdyn's meant to have that cute curly hair, but makes one adorable troll. I hope boards went well for Josh. It's so nice to have him back, isn't it? Huge load lifted. now we just have to wait for the results!! We will see you guys in a couple of weeks!!

Sarah and Trent said...

Trent took his boards on Friday. Augh! I was so nervous - and yes, he studied ALL the time too!

Furniss Family said...

Thanks for the message on my blog. You are so sweet and we will have to get those little guys together for sure :) Ya, for Teegan and his potty training, maybe he can teach Lincoln :) I love the waterfall and toilet paper part, made me laugh. I bet you are glad for Josh to be done too, cross our fingers till we get the results back, I'm sure Josh did great. Studying for that sure wore them out!!

Fisher Family said...

Your children are growing up so fast! It's fun to keep up on them through your blog. Hope Josh has been able to catch up on some sleep!

Hilarie* said...

Oh I love all the recent pictures!! Your kidlets are super cute!!! I can't believe the cute natural curls she has! I wish my girls.. or even I had them myself!! Way cute! Good luck JOSH on your boards!!!