Thursday, May 14, 2009

Movies. Make Believe. Masterpieces.

Occasionally we have family movie nights. We get kettle corn and a pile of blankets and crash in front of the t.v. Teegan seems to love this tradition. Josh & I probably watch him more than we watch the movie. His facial expressions and hysterical laughter are more entertaining than any movie.

The movie was...



A little while back we went to eat out at Firehouse Subs {delicious by the way} and they give the kids fireman hats. Camdyn actually wore hers through most of her dinner. When we came home Teegan wanted to get into full character. Luckily, he has a firetruck tent. He was even asking for a ladder. It was a crack up to sit back and watch Teeg & Josh play make believe. They made siren noises as they moved the tent around and pretended to put out fires everywhere. They were real heros.




I had heard that in the spring here in Richmond, there are tons of caterpillars. So a month ago or so, I thought it would be fun to learn more about caterpillars and then make a craft. This boy is all about crafts. He loves painting and gluing, and creating.


When you look up in the trees here, you can see all sorts of caterpillar nests. The other day Teegan was at a birthday party and all the kids where gathered at the base of a tree. We wondered what they were so curious about. When we looked closer, we saw that the kids were playing with handfuls of caterpillars, it was quite creepy!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

those kids are so adorable! It was so fun to see you guys. Hopefully the time we're out here we can see you guys more. ps a not about caterpillars, we were walking somewhere and I found one on Cade's shirt. weird.

Jackie said...

I like you Miles!

Just don't get near me with any caterpillars...

Sara said...

You are such a cute and creative mom! We will have to try Firehouse subs, and I have been saving ouregg cartons to make caterpillars- so thanks for the reminder! Although, yours look much cuter than the ones we are planning to make:) I love your cute family!

Katie said...

Britt, you are so clever. I love your little caterpillers from egg cartons. How do you think of these things. When I am a mom, I am definitely coming to you for ideas!

the Murphys said...

This makes me miss being there with you guys so much!! You have inspired me to take a break from frantic cleaning and organizing in preparation for the boys to do something creative with Ella. Poor thing - the only creative thing she has done this week is to help me arrange her playroom furniture in the basement. :-) Way to go Josh on getting right in there to play make believe! Enjoy the fire hats while they last because you will be decked out in crowns and dresses with Camdyn before long. :-)

Danielle and Brian said...

oh boy...caterpillars..Not a fan but I guess I will learn to be. It looks like you guys have so much fun all together. Movie nights are the best, especially with popcorn! Teeg is the cutest little boy ever I swear!!

Fisher Family said...

Love those family movie night pictures! Fun times! Those two firemen you've got are sure handsome also!

K. Bitton said...

How fun! You always do the cutest things. We sure miss you guys! I can't believe how big your kiddos are!!

Amber said...

So fun! I love all of Teegans facial expressions watching movies. That is so cute. I bet that's what I look like when I watch a movie ha ha. Love the caterpillar crafts. So cute!

Ashley May said...

Okay I LOVE the all of Teegans 'expressions' he is too cute! I wanna see him again!!!!!