I'm proud to say that Josh & I survived the Monument Avenue 10k. This is a huge deal in Richmond. There were over 32,000 runners and 50,000 spectators. There were also bands on the sides of the streets every so often. I am certainly not a runner, nor have I ever been...but with everyone running and the spectators cheering, it was hard to walk! (Which I am proud to say I only did a few times, just to catch my breath). Plus I loved the feeling of passing other runners. This was a breeze to Josh, especially at my slow pace. He was kind enough not to leave me in the dust! This was an awesome way to view the city...the street is awesome with colonial style homes and cobble stone streets. The first 3 miles weren't too bad, I was enjoying every bit of it. However the last couple of miles were insanely hard for me..and I kept thinking to myself "why am I pretending to be a runner, when I'm obviously not!" When we got to mile 6, I started to slow down thinking we were done Whoo-Hoo... Not! We still had .2 miles to go. That was the longest .2 miles I have ever experienced in my life!! Especially since Josh was sprinting for most of it, but he refused to finish without me. I had to hold onto him or I knew I would biff it! I was so glad to be done...Josh on the other hand said he could go around one more time! I thought of my sis Brianne who ran a half marathon in Florida. She did double what we just did and I wanted to die. Brianne you are my hero! I must say that this was a very motivating experience for me to get in shape and to DEFINITELY do some more training before next year. In the end, it was well worth the pain, which I am still feeling!




9 comments:
way to freakin go Brittany! that is awesome. I love running and was training for a full a couple years ago and then I hurt my leg and was a no go after that... but I have been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things, so I could no more run that right now then fly to the moon. So that is awesome!!
Good Job Brit. I don't think I could have done that nor would I want to. You guys have done some fun things since you have been there!
That is so awesome!!! I think that was great you two got to do it together! What a fun experience!!!
I am glad you didn't biff (haha...I like that word)
Way to go! I'm so proud of you. Some day I would love to run one. I think what I need is a partner in running like you had in Josh. Maybe I can convince Daniel to give it a try too.
Good job!!! I wouldn't feel too bad about the Indiana Jones guy--his boulder was probably just stuffed with newspaper. :)
Way to go you guys!!! I thought the 5K was long enough...10K is my next goal!
Wow guys - I am impressed! 10K huh? Way to go! Free t-shirts are always a bonus as well!
Wow Brittany! You ran a 10K with only a few walk breaks? You ARE a runner! I'm very impressed. What a fun thing for you and Josh to do together.
Post a Comment