For spring break we went to Outer Banks, North Carolina and stayed in a beach house, along with 7 other couples. It was a beautiful house! We each got our own bedroom (with king size beds) and bathrooms. There was a swimming pool, a game room with a pool table, and my favorite feature...an elevator. After a few days of running the three flights of stairs, it came in handy! The kids loved it too.


The first half of our week we had sunny 70 degree weather. On those days we were out at the beach for most of the day playing in the sand, flying kites, and collecting sea shells. Heaven on earth! I think I could do that everyday! Camdyn was thrilled. She constantly had a smile on her face even though she refused to play in the sand! 



{Sidenote: I snapped this photo and had to run away because Teegan was playing with the crab's eyes. It grossed me out! Josh had to take care of the situation.}










So the first night we got there, the guys went to the beach late at night and Josh & Doug decided to go for a dip in the ICE cold water. Well, us girls had to prove ourselves. All we did was quickly run in and out...and it was painful!! In the photo below, it looks like I am being attacked by a shark, but it was shocking how cold the water was!
One of the highlights of our week, was our game nights. One night we played sardeens...it was like we were youngins again! It was pretty hilarious that all of us were scrambling around a dark house to find the person hiding. I even patted someone elses back- thinking it was Josh. oops. At one point in the game all 10-12 of us were crammed into a shower. It was pretty hilarious. Doug hid under a mattress in one of the bedrooms and it took a while to find him. It was pure genious.





Josh & I took a very enjoyable, kid-free walk one night on the beach. I love alone time with my hubby...especially since it's rare these days!



..The Aquarium..
On one of the cold days, we took a trip to the aquarium. That was probably the highlight of Teegan's week. He & Camdyn were fascinated with the crocodille, fish, turtles,sting-Rays, starfish and especially the sharks...which were surprisingly large! {He is still talking about their scary teeth!}


















Farewell OBX..we will certainly be back next year!








18 comments:
Oh, I am so jealous. You guys look like you are having way too much fun. That house is awesome. Can we go there if I mean when Nick and I come to vistit. We might have to come for a month to get all the fun things done. Is Camdyn walking? It seems like just yesterday she was a baby. So sad.
Keep doing posts like these and when we come to visit we may never leave. It looks like you had a blast. I love the pictures of Camdyn in her green skirt. She is so cute. I also love her blanket in the second to last picture. OH, I am dying to go to the beach.
oh how I wish I still lived near a beach! This looks like so much fun! Glad you guys could get away for a bit. Your adorable kids are getting bigger and bigger in every post! It feels like 10 years ago that we lived there...I sometimes wish it was only yesterday! I certainly do miss it!
Wow that looks like you had so much fun! Wow 70 degrees? We finally hit 50 today!! It felt like a heat wave... don't you miss the weather here?
What a fun place! You guys just had the time of your lives didn't ya? 7 couples? How fun is that? YOur kids look like that had so much fun. I'm so jealous! We're going to vegas in a few months so I guess that is something right? We miss you guys! Hope you're doin well. Love ya!
It looks like you guys had SO much fun! Props to you girl for loading so many pictures--how long did that take. Anyway, your kids are adorable as always. They looked like they were having so much fun checking out the fishies and playing in the sand.
that looks like so much fun. I love beach houses, they are just great! Seeing this post makes me want to take a vacation.
Your right the elevator was the best feature of the house. That was a first for me.
How fun!! What a nice house! The game playing looked like so much fun! A few things stood out in the pictures...Camdyn is facing forward in her carseat, the cute blanket over her, the not so cute blanket on Teegan:), the infamous stroller at the aquarium..hmmmm! I'm glad you and Josh were able to steal a little alone time. Love and miss you tons!
How FUN! That is such a fun idea. It sounds like you guys are enjoying dental school. I hope Josh doesn't forget to study ..haha! Enjoy these times because they'll be gone too soon!
Man, wasn't that so great?! I can't wait to go back...
Oh, and your shark remark? Hilare.
Brittany,
I randomly found your blog today and I just had to say hi! It is Marlies from methods semester, the crazy driver! Your family is so cute. You all look so happy! Email me if you get a chance! marliesruys@yahoo.com
Oh what fun! I hope next year we can join you guys! By the way, I love your red sweater with that navy floral shirt. Very cute! Did you get that at the outlets down there?
Hey guys! What a spring break!!! Thanks for the comment on our blog! I am glad you found us again. Haha. We are doing pretty good. Still have 3 years left of school, but we are loving it here. It is so nice that you have made such good friends and have alot of other couples to hang out with. But yeah, we are staying real busy and are lovin life. Sure miss the good ol days as roomies. Haha. Keep in touch! Love ya!
Looks like you guys had so much fun!! What a nice house to stay in! Your kids are so adorable!!
How fun is that? That sounds like a blast! I am totally jealous! We miss you guys so much!
Looks like u had a blast! too fun!!! I'm glad u guys had such a fantastic spring break!
Post a Comment