Sunday, February 8, 2009

A week from YOU KNOW WHERE!!





So I can honestly say that this last week has probably been one of the craziest weeks in the history of my life! I am not writing this to complain by any means. I am doing this hoping that one day I can look back and laugh about it...I 'm not quite to that point yet though. Yes it was that terrible. :) Here is a recap of our last week.

  • Camdyn burned her hand on the oven. {It's gas and she opened the underneath part while we weren't watching.} That left some pretty nasty blisters. Poor baby.
  • At about 6:00 pm the other night, I was on my way back from the gas station with Teegan & Camdyn and got a flat tire! I was flipping a u-turn and turned a bit too sharp and hit the median. (oops!) Luckily I got off the road into a parking lot. The worst part is that it was dinner time and I didn't pack the diaper bag, thinking it would be a quick trip. So we had no food and no toys. All we had was sunglasses, work gloves, and a box of tissues. Not much to work with...we had to get creative. Camdyn was not a happy camper. Josh came to our rescue.
  • Teegan & Camdyn both got the stomach flu. Camdyn was throwing up for 3 VERY long days and Teegan only 1 day(thank goodness) . I lost track of how many times I got thrown up on. I just decided it wasn't worth getting dressed anymore. So we had jammie days everyday. Josh came home to a hideous and exhausted wife most days. There was only one day that they overlapped being sick and of course they both wanted to be held ALL day. So whichever child I wasn't holding was crying, but if I held them both they both would cry. What could I do? I'm only one person! When I laid down for bed that night and it was silent I could still hear them crying in my head. Does that mean I was insane?! I felt like it. What made it so hard was that it was Josh's busiest week yet. He had 2 test that week so I was alone all day.
  • I did at least 3-4 loads of laundry a day.
  • Used more than half a bottle of carpet cleaner.
  • Went through a bjillion diapers.
  • Teegan ate a crayon.
  • The garbage man decided to steal our garbage can and not return it. {Thanks a lot Mr.}
  • I spilled almost 1/2 a gallon of milk on our kitchen floor. Ugh.
  • Josh singed his hair at school while melting the wax for a tooth he was going to carve. He had to leave the room because the burnt smell was so strong. {That made me laugh}
Whew! We survived. I'm happy it's over. Next week will be better. I hope. :)

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh Brittany, so sorry about your week, at least Josh was able to put a smile on your face. :D

Jackie said...

On top of all that, Teeg ATE a crayon?!

My goodness... what a week. Let us watch your kids soon so you can rediscover your sanity!

Danielle and Brian said...

Okay so Brian just told me that it was actually at his USC interview that he saw the blog into a book thing so nevermind that comment! haha I'm an idiot. I can't wait to get out there though and take your kids off your hands! and Brian just asked me if you ever comment on my blog because I asked if it was weird that I comment on yours and I realized i'm private. So leave your email as a comment on this and I'll add you if you'd like.

I am so sorry about your week! Bri and I laughed so hard with the Teegan eating a crayon! I have had kids do that at my work...crazy Moms come in freakin out not knowing what to do and we dont have a solution! haha that is great! Hopefully this next week goes better!

Brandi said...

I am so sorry about your misfortune. It sure makes me grateful for my week. I thought I was going to loose it and it was only because I had crabby sick kids. Nothing I shouldn't have been able to handle.

Danny and Kimberly said...

Isn't being a mom so great sometimes!! I am glad that there are other people out there that have weeks like I do, thanks for sharing. It helps me keep my sanity. Hopefully this next week will be better for you!!

Hilarie* said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hate those days! I guess a bright idea is that alteast you aren't prego on top of all that.. then I think the 3 of you would be throwing-up together!!

Ulrich Family said...

I am so sorry Brittany. Those kind of weeks are deadly. Unfortunately those kind of weeks happen quite regularly around the Ulrich household. And it does always seem to happen when your husband is the busiest with school, church, etc. I am so sorry! And I'm sorry your kids were sick. Luckily we haven't experienced that yet this winter (knock on wood!) It always makes everything hard when your kids are sick. I am so sorry! I hope that this week is better for you guys!Best of Luck!

Ashley May said...

I have had a hard week too... but mine was nothing compared to your! I am sorry to hear that it was so bad.. but you got a good post out of it :) I love the pictures of the kids, especially the one of Camdyn on the top. That is sad!.. but she looks so cute. Hope everything gets better!

Furniss Family said...

That is a horrible week and sounds like the one I had 2 weeks ago!! The week of our stomach flu. It's going around to everyone :( Glad you got through it. Hope your having a better week this week :)

Kristin said...

Yeah, Brit that really sucks. I can sympathize with you about the kids crying because they don't want to be held together. Happens here all the time. Blake one time bit a tip off a marker. I called poison control and they said since it was a crayola product then it's non-toxic. Good to know for future references. Hope you have a better week. Love ya!

K. Bitton said...

What a rough ride! I hope this week is better for you! My sister in-law did the same thing with the tire. except it totally bent the rim and such. It was pretty costly to repair, hope yours wasnt! miss ya!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh Brittany that really is insane. I would go crazy! I can't believe you are still living. ha ha Next week will definitely be better. Tell Josh I laughed out loud when I heard about his singed hair. Love ya!

Nanette Hirschi said...

At least you could see the humor in it! You handle it all so well. Hey where did you get that cute blanket Camdyn is laying on?!

Skylar and Lauren said...

im so sorry...but ur officially superwoman if u can handle that...about the insanity remark-no ur not, i always swear that belle's crying and then when I check on her..;nothing...so dont worry about ur sanity just yet-unless im insane too!