This post is way past due! My mom's birthday was on the 9th, but I have had a hard time getting back into my blogging routine. Anyway, it couldn't have worked out more perfectly because mom's bday was the day before we left. My flight was early the next morning and so we had a party for her in Salt Lake at my grandma's house. Grandma made us dinner and then we (or I mean she) opened presents. We had a few surprises planned, but none of them really worked out...except for dad's and his was the most important one anyway. We had to laugh because nothing was quite working out no matter how hard we tried.




Teegan wants to be just like his uncle Landon! He is a little copycat right now, repeating everything that you say. It's pretty cute.
Here is mom's Keith Urban cake. She is a HUGE fan! We were so excitied about the cake, but this is one of the surprises that didn't turn out. Oh well, Keith's face was on it and she was happy.


I hope mom doesn't kill me for this picture, but it was the best one of the night! Dad got mom a new wedding ring. {She lost hers years ago} Can you tell she's SHOCKED! She wasn't expecting it especially since the present she opened before was a shower head. The best part is that she had a big gumball in her cheek! haha. After the shock, a few tears were shed. I think she had a good birthday and she sure did deserve it. We love you mom!



9 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun vacation!! And look at you Miss Seamstress! I love that apron you made your mom...turned out VERY cute!!
That is a great picture of your mom. Love it. I bet that gift made her whole year. Miss you!
Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas Break, that's so awesome you got to be there for your mom's Birthday!! I'm glad you made it back with the two kids okay, traveling with kiddo's is so stressful. I did it once with Lincoln and it was a nightmare. After you travel you need a couple days just to rejuvenate and get up the energy to clean, laundry, keep up with the kids etc. Seems like I haven't seen ya in forever. We will have to get together soon :)
I posted this on my blog and hoped you may see it on here too:It's kinda the same but it's actually a little different. It's the goodwill over on Broad over by Ross Dress for Less, old navy and stuff. If you want the exact address I can call them for you. They have some used stuff there, but when I went it was half new stuff too. The department stores ad stuff send everything to this store and then if they don't have room they go to the closer Goodwill to us on Broad by Joanne's fabrics. They stores drop stuff off every once in awhile and if you get there at the right time it's great, if not then it not as good. Last time I went it was a huge section all brand new stuff. Then they have a color for the week and everything with a certain color tag is an additional 50% off, I got Lincoln jackets from Children's Place and shirts from gap for $1-2 a piece, new. I went last week and it wasn't too good at all, picked over. I may check back in a week or so and if I go I'll call you and we can go together if you want. I don't have much more to get Lincoln but some PJ's for when he's 3T, he's in 2T right now. Also, they have a warehouse on Midlothian Turnpike and that's where all the stuff that doesn't sell after 2 weeks goes too, and they charge like $1 a pound for clothes there. i have never gone there, I just found out about it, but I may check it out soon. Hopefully it's not all junk. Hope this helps, take care.
My Mom told me about all your Mom's Birthday surprises. The Keith Urban cake was GENIOUS! Why didn't I think of that... darn! You guys are too good! I love love love that picture of your Mom with the gumball in her mouth. She looks ticked. I love it. That was so sweet of your Dad!
Oh yeah for your mom. You family is so cute! You mom looked like she had a great time! Your little girl sure is growing!!
What a darling apron! You are so cute and crafty:) Oh and the cake is pretty sweet too! Fun pics and it looks like you had a lot of fun in Utah too:)
Awww...I love seeing pictures of all you guys. It makes me miss you so much though. Way to go on giving your mom a great birthday. Cute apron! And I LOVE the cake.(of course)
I was wondering why your mom had a gumball in her mouth. Then I realized she has a huge box of them. Haha..
I'm so happy your mom got a new ring. Way to go Val! I'm still waiting for a picture of it! (hint, hint Nanette)
Glad you had fun with your family and made it safely home!
Yeah Britt...pretty much you are grounded! Or would be if you lived closer. Did you ever get grounded as a kid? I really can't remember:) Funny that Ashley thought my surprised expression was mad...she just hasn't seen me mad...much much scarier!
Post a Comment