Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

My friend Sara and I {and later on Marci} brought our kids to the Short Pump mall to see the BIG Christmas tree and play at the play place. (Perfect for when it's cold outside). When we walked up to the tree Teeg was telling Samantha "SHHH" like it was a reverent occasion.


Samantha - Sara - Parker

Here is Camdyn with Santa at our ward Christmas party. I don't think she really knew what to think about him. {Teegan was sick.} However, He did sit on Santa's lap at the mall and he was pretty happy about it especially once he got a candy cane. As we were walking away he kept telling me, "Santa's nice!" it was almost like he was trying to convince himself of that! :)

..Girls Christmas Party..

Sara threw a Christmas party for the girls...no hubbies or babies. It was awesome! We had some yummy food and played a white elephant game. I ended up getting {stealing} a framed photo of Edward! {I came home and put it up on my nightstand and Josh said, "Are you really planning on keeping it there?" Heck yeah! hahaha.}



Ashley & me with our Edward gifts! You gotta LOVE him!



Teegan made and delivered Christmas goodies. What a helper huh?!




I just have to mention that it is so strange to me to not have snow in December! The day that Josh and Teeg delivered goodies, it was 74 degrees outside!! What the heck! We even had to turn on out AC. Josh wore shorts all day! It just doesn't seem right!! After the winter we had last year in Rexburg, I thought I wouldn't be missing the snow EVER again...but I think I do.

13 comments:

Ulrich Family said...

Josh are you really going to school? J/K! Looks like things are going really well. What fun things you are doing. We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Hilarie* said...

Looks lik eyou have been keep'n busy! That is one stink'n huge Christmas tree. Specially next to two cute LITTLE kids! :) Your kids are totally cute!

Jackie said...

Camdyn + Santa Claus = One of the cutest pictures I've ever seen

And I'm glad Teeg finally got his turn with Santa too.

Miss you guys already!!

Kristin said...

Every time I read your blog it makes me so happy to see how well you are doing. Looks like you've got a good group of friends which I'm sure makes things a lot easier. I'm with you about the snow. No matter how awful the winters get and you think you never want to see snow again, Christmas comes around and all you want is a white Christmas. It's snowing as I'm typing this so we'll for sure have one and since you're coming back to visit you'll have one too. Are you going to be at Grandma and Grandpa's long? I would love to come see you. I live about 25 minutes away but I will understand if you don't have enough time. Let me know.

Alicia said...

Looks like that girls' party was so much fun! Can't wait until we get out there in April! :)

Shelley said...

Looks like you guys have such fun friends! I'm so glad! :) Hey can you send me your address asap to shellcoates@hotmail.com? Thanks Brittany! :) Loves ya!

The Critchlow Family said...

You guys are having so much fun! Looks like you have a great bunch of friends that you get together with! That always makes it so much easier to be away from family, especially during the holidays, when you have a great group of friends! Its nice that you are having great weather...but sad too! For some reason it just doesn't feel completely like Christmas without snow on the ground! We have had plenty to spare here in Ohio...I'll send some your way!!

Rach said...

So fun! I love that you had a "girls" Christmas party. What a fun idea! And those Edward gifts... to die for :) I'm so glad you guys have made such great friends out there. I know that our med school friends have been such a blessing to us. What a fun time in our lives. We hope you have a very merry Christmas!...oh, and 74 degrees?? You've got to be kidding me! Yesterday it was -24 below with the windchill! Augh!

Michelle said...

Fun pictures and what a cool tree. I hope you're having a good time in WA. I'm thinking you might have some snow? It's been snowing on and off here all week. Very strange!
Have a Merry Christmas!

Nanette Hirschi said...

OK...first of all I want to go back to the short pump mall...love that place...and second...I want that tree in my house!!:) I love the pic of Camdyn with Santa, and the ponytail is the cutest:) Don't you just love naked helpers!! Can't wait to see you guys...just a few more days! And of course-you will help take down trees:) Only if you want...

Lori said...

Brittney, what would your mom do with one more tree? I hope you enjoy your vacation. Sorry, I am imposing on your time with your mom by not working. I will make it up to you someday! Happy New Year!

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and boy was your friend Sara a genious! I need a party like that sometime. :) Oh, and I LOVED your "elf-yourself" video! Your faces looked great on those elves! Happy New Years!

The Duckers said...

i *HEART* the edward pic you stole! Sooo cool. I'll have to keep that in mind for next year! :o)