Last weekend my sweet hubby informed me that he had made arrangements for a babysitter and that we were going out with some friends, but he wouldn't tell me what we were doing. In one way or another the rest of the girls in our group found out what the plans were, so I was the only one who was left out in the dark. It was fun to go with the flow and have no idea. I love surprises! First we went and ate at "Kuba Kuba", which was delicious. We then walked a couple of blocks away and walked up to a building and Josh pulled out our tickets and handed them to the worker standing at the door. I tried to ask the man there what was going on inside, but Josh immediately butted in and told him not to tell me anything! We walked into the building and there was a stage set up. {I was hoping for a Keith Urban concert or something!} After sitting there for about 15 minutes they FINALLY introduced the guest speaker... Bill Cosby. It was for VCU's 40th Anniversary. I never would have guessed Bill Cosby. It was a lot of fun though. He was funny for the first half, but then things got a little strange. I will not go into detail. Let's just say that he is a little senile and I may not be able to look at him the same way again! We snuck out a little early. On our way back to the car we came upon a Starbucks. We grabbed some yummy hot chocolate (not coffee) and went past some beautiful old colonial style homes all fancied up for the holidays. It was a fun night. Surely one I will never forget!


5 comments:
AWWW! I love surprises! It's like you two are still "dating"! :) Props Josh!
that must have been so much fun! U look adorable in that coat and tell josh what a good job he did! We girls LOVE surprises! have a merry christmas and we'll have to have some girl time when we get back!
What a fun night! How cool that Josh surprised you. I think Mark needs to take some lessons. It might be too late after all these years though! :O
Okay I really wanna know what he said... I need to call you!
Post a Comment