Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Best Weekend Ever!

Rewind: Memorial day weekend was so much fun! About a week earlier I decided I would take the kids and we would stay at my parents house for the longer weekend. I also signed Teegan and I up for a 5k color run. As we made the drive on Friday, I talked to Josh on the phone. He was also in the car and had a convincing story that he was going to visit some friends in Dallas. 

Really he..flew in to Salt Lake and was on his way to my parent's house as well. He beat us there. When I was unloading kids from the car, he came walking around the corner with a big smile on his face! I was shocked to say the least!! It was three long weeks without him...we were so happy to see him. My parents were so sweet to keep the kids overnight while we stayed in a hotel for the night. We went out to dinner and walked the green belt near the temple. It was a very nice break! 
That next morning was the color run. My mom was good to take on three kids to get ready. 
Josh and I met them at the starting line. Lexie wasn't interested in running since she's 8 months pregnant and all. Teegan was thrilled! His school has a running program called pacers and he has run 187 miles this year..during recess. He is crazy fast and I knew this would be a breeze for him. 
Getting colored up..Brylee gave me a lovely purple beard. Camdyn was too close to the color zone.
Us with Brianne's two sister in laws Keira and Kahou. It was a party!
Teegan's tie die hair looked awesome..
Our supporters on the sidelines. 
I was worried Camdyn would feel left out but she was just as excited as we were. 
And at the finish line: Thank goodness Brylee could keep up with Teegan. He would not slow down for us. He gets the word "race" in his head and he's gone. I love his competitive spirit.
..And by the end I looked like a smurf! While we were running, I learned quickly to keep my mouth closed while going through the color stations. That powder turns pasty and makes you very thirsty! ha. 
This kid has talked a lot about this run. We've got to get him into some more races. He's definitely interested. So proud of him for being way tougher than his mom! 

Operation kidnap Baylinn: 
Josh and I took the kids for a walk and as we were leaving, my dad told us to bring a baby back with us. (Brianne & Imari live in the neighborhood). We were a success. When I told the kids we were taking her, Camdyn thought I meant we got to keep her. She was disappointed that wasn't the case.
Nothing says it's summer time like smore's in the backyard..
While we played Lexie and Nick were being studious. Lame. ;)
Nick did take a break to rescue a bird from the window well though. Camdyn told us it was a girl bird because she could see it had eye lashes. Oh she's a funny one! 
Have I mentioned I LOVED having Josh home for the weekend?! He's fun to have around. 
The boys with their "tough" faces on.
Poor Brylee. She started a new game with Max that he thought was awesome! He kept dragging her to the trampoline for more. That's what happens when you are an awesome aunt! It was a nice break...usually he's dragging me around by the hand. 
And Mr. egg head in the backseat kept us entertained on our long drive home. 
Couldn't have asked for a better weekend!

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

It looks like you had a really great weekend! Congrats to all of you on the race! What a fun surprise to have Josh at your parents house! SO FUN!

Kristin said...

How sweet of Josh to surprise you! It's so hard when the husbands are away. Happy that you had such a great weekend.