Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is this really happening?

Josh got his first real job....in Boise Idaho!!
Who would have ever thought. We sure do love Idaho..especially where it's warmer!

We are so happy that we have made our decision. Ohh..what an emotional roller coater it has been! I felt good about Dallas and not so much about Denver (unfortunately) and Josh was the opposite. He felt good about Denver but not Dallas. So we figured we hadn't found the right place yet. So we were back to square one..researching different areas until an associateship opportunity turned up in Austin, TX. We both were excited about it and things were looking good. Josh got his Texas dental license and we bought airfare to go meet the dentist he would be working for. We even told the kids about our next adventure (even though it wasn't official..we didn't want them to hear the news from someone else.) 
We had them open a Texas post card and a map of the state. I don't know why they seemed so utterly shocked. They knew it was a possibility. Teegan's response.."You didn't chose a safe place!" He is so worried about tornados there. (He has no idea what's been happening in Oklahoma either). 

So..we thought we had life planned out. We were happy..until Josh got an email one night from a dental rep saying there was an opportunity in Boise, Idaho. Neither of us thought anything about it, but Josh looked into it the next day and made some phone calls. Next thing we know, we are driving to Boise to meet the dentist and three other associates that work with him. They have two offices in Nampa. We looked around and spent most of the day talking, observing them, and meeting the staff. That evening we went out to dinner with them and their wives. They were all so wonderful.

They offered us the job and we felt good about it. We've had our doubts wondering and hoping that this is what we're supposed to do. We've been prayerful throughout the process. It feels right. It's just crazy to think that 3 weeks before our move, our plan totally changed. We would have never thought! We didn't consider Idaho much, but we found just the right location and opportunity. We feel very blessed. I know the Lord has been very mindful of our situation. Things have been falling into place.

Our families are happy with our decision and we are so excited. I get butterflies in my stomach every time i think about it! I'm looking forward to a fresh start in Boise. Josh will be great...he starts beginning of July. 

5 comments:

The Sherman's said...

WOW! Congrats! So exciting to know where you're going and what you're doing and such a blessing to still be near family. I'm sure you are both so relieved. Good luck with the move! You guys deserve the best!

Nicole said...

WHAT?!!! You are in my home town?!! Where are you living? I have friends all over and I'm sure you do too but if I can help in any way. Maybe I'll have Devin give Josh a call. What practice or doctor are you working for?

Fisher Family said...

It is just amazing how things work out! The Lord is so mindful of each of us. Tell Josh congrats for us. We are so happy for all of you and wish you all the best!!

Kristin said...

That is wonderful news and probably a great relief to find a place to put down your roots! I'm so excited for you and your family!

Furniss Family said...

It's crazy how fast things come together sometimes. For us, graduation day of Dental school our plans changed and a job offer by Boise. Then within 2 weeks, we had to replan everything, found a house, and started packing to move. Life is sure crazy sometimes. Was so excited when I found out you guys are going to be so close. We sure LOVE Boise, we never want to leave this area. Good luck with moving and everything!!