Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You're gonna miss this..

I've been feeling very sentimental lately...and always really.

I was approached by this sweet woman at the store the other day. I just had Max with me and she wanted to sneak a peak at who I was hauling around. {It's funny how easily you make friends just by having a baby with you. ;)} I told her I had two more at home. She was asking me their ages..and turns out she has three boys as close in age as my kids. 
She told me that she was sending off her oldest to college that next day...I told her my oldest was just about to start kindergarten. 

She said she knew how crazy and frustrating it can be sometimes, but to just enjoy it. I wanted to give her a hug! She was so sincere..and it was just what I needed to hear in that moment. I am thankful for those little reminders.

It is hard sometimes. I feel like most days I just try to stay afloat. I'm still trying to figure things out. I sure do love being a mom though. It is truly my dream job. I can't imagine doing anything else all day long. Josh and these three little people are my everything. 

...And if you haven't heard this Mindy Gledhill song by now, you are missing out.
Oh I love it! It gives me happy feelings..


5 comments:

Skylar and Lauren said...

ok I have to compliment you! As we were driving home the other day I was telling sky how much I admire u and ur sweet little family. U are so positive and i appreciate ur example! so thank you! oh and max is the cutest thing ever thanks for letting us come and visit! =)

Jackie said...

Amen, Brit.

When we were talking at the beach the other day about our ideal jobs, I just don't think there's anything that would make me as happy and satisfied as being a mother. It's hard and exhausting, but you're right--it truly is a dream job.

Fisher Family said...

Absolutely love the pictures of your kids and your cute family! Time does go so fast! You are wise to enjoy every minute of it!

Furniss Family said...

Such cute pictures and being a mom is for sure the best and hardest job in the world :) Kids are such a blessing. They do grow up way too fast. You are such a great mom and have the cutest little kiddo's!

Danielle and Brian said...

trying to stay afloat is how I feel right now, and I only have one! So I admire those with 3 and more. Way to go super Mom! Your kids are adorable and I cannot believe how much hair Max has! Holy!!! Could I have some for my own head of hair that seems to be falling out at rapid speed??