Sunday, September 18, 2011

School Days!

{I can just hear my dad singing that song..it haunts me. jk}
Well I don't know quite how it happened but on September 6th, my baby started Kindergarten!
Teegan was beyond thrilled and had been counting down for months. We loaded up on school supplies, packed his backpack, laid out his school clothes the night before, and he received a back-to-school father's blessing. That's when it really hit me. I got emotional. He was ready...I was just hoping I was. I knew I would miss him. School here is all day long.

The thing he was most excited for was the bus. He told me that he could go to school on the bus..and Camdyn and I could go back home. Fat chance little buddy...I put him on the bus then met him at the school with my camera ready! Yes..i am that mom.

It was a rainy, gloomy first day of school. We waited for the bus in the car.
Teegan said, "I can't stop smiling.." clearly!


Meet Mrs. Ribler...his teacher!
She is who I wanted him to have. I am so happy about it.


Cute kindergartener hand writing. (He always forgets the 'l' in 'miles').

When he came home the first thing he said...was that he forgot to give me a hug & kiss..because he was coloring. So sweet that he had been thinking about it. He also said that he accidentally tooted during quiet time. haha. On the first day..really Teeg! (Since school is all day they lay out their napping mats and turn off the lights for rest time. )

After school snack...

Since it was rainy..we took more pictures another day. 
Good bye..

Welcome home..

When Camdyn shows affection...it's usually a bit painful! ;)
She gets so excited to see him when he comes home. It has been an adjustment for her. She has never been away from him for more than a few hours. It's good for them to have time apart though. They are best friends and worst enemies at times. 
I must say, I miss him terribly when he is gone! 
Fortunately 2:30 rolls around quickly. Seeing that bus pull up and that happy little boy jump off has become one of the highlights of my day. I love hearing about his day...what projects he did, who he played with at recess, and what he had for lunch.  
It's been hard sending him away..i just hope it gets easier.

I told Camdyn she isn't ever allowed to go to kindergarten and she said.."ok just preschool."
Preschool..
Ok..so technically it is her 2nd first day of preschool. (She went last session)
Camdyn needed some recognition too. She is so pleased with her princess backpack.


 She made this heart necklace which she now insists on wearing everyday and wants to make one for all of her friends.

 Camdyn & Eva..
Half of her class are friends so she loves it. 

12 comments:

Furniss Family said...

SO darling!! I am so glad he is liking school so much. He is such a cute little boy, I'm sure you do miss him when he is gone all day. I think it was hilarious that he thought it was important to tell you he tooted during quiet time, lol. I love the hugs at the end from both of them too, so precious!

Furniss Family said...

So fun that Camdyn likes Preschool too :) Isn't it so fun to have all of our kids together in the same class. We are so lucky :)

The Fox Family said...

I love the pics of Camdyn kissing Teeg! haha! his face is all smooshed! That's the best. And your kids both look so good for there first days! I love Cams headband and hair! Sooo cute!

Hksedwick said...

I read this whole post and loved it, but the part that I just could NOT get out of my head was Teegan tooting during quiet time. I am so easily entertained...gas always makes me laugh.

Alicia said...

They just get too big too fast! Teeg's smile in the car waiting for the bus is awesome. :)

Aly said...

SO so cute! I can't believe how old every one is getting! I'm so glad you got Mrs. Ribler. She is the best. And you are room mom, too? I LOVED Oriental Trading company for the crafts for winter party. I also had fun just picking a book from home and getting together a small craft for the kids to do about the book. She loves when you just come in randomly throughout the year (obviously check with her first) and read to them. SO fun! Good luck! You are perfect for the job.

Bishop Family said...

When did our kids grow up. AHH. Your kids are seriouly so cute. And you are such a good mom. Those after school snacks are too cute. I wanted to tell you thank you for the baby outfits. I have had a thank you card sitting on my night stand for weeks now. I am horrible but I wanted to let you know I got it and love them. You are too kind. I will get the thank you card to you soon though. How are you adjusting to 3? Max is adorable and I love his chubbiness.

Nick and Lexie Sherman said...

I bet their teachers just love having those cuties in there classes!!! Are you sure he is old enough for school! I remember starting kindergarden and I am pretty sure I was a whole lot older!! that is crazy!!

Danielle and Brian said...

i am simply in love with your kids. adorable and all your pictures are priceless and perfect! and look at you super mom with your apple oreos! i wannabe there for after school snack!

Fisher Family said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! They are just darling! We hope they have a good school year.

Kristin said...

My dad sings that song, too! Whenever school is starting I always hear him singing it in my head. Ha ha! I love the pictures of Camdyn smothering Teegan. Definitely priceless and something they will get a kick out of when they are older. Jayla started Kindergarten too and LOVES it but she only goes for half the day. It's so fun to watch our kids grow up and experience new things in life.

Dallings said...

Yeah he got Mrs.Gibbler! david loved to say her name. He chuckled every time. It looked like such a fun day. What a happy boy! You have prepared him well. Cams looks all grown up. I know you love hearing that.