


Josh took the day off work and so I figured since I have a moment to myself, which doesn't happen often these days, it is definitely time for an update...
We are so happy to have our sweet baby Camdyn home with us. She had to stay in the special care nursery for a week because she had a hard time eating on her own. She went from having no appetite at all to not being able to get enough. She is now constantly eating...which is great because she's a growing girl. As of last week, she weighed 7 ibs. 8 oz.
The day she finally came home, I started to get a sore throat and the chills and I knew it was strep, since both mine and Josh's family had visited us and then tested positive. So I immediately got on an antibiotic. A couple days later Josh and Teegan had it as well. We were so nervous about being around Camdyn and tried to be extra careful. It was a miracle that she never did get sick...thank goodness. For the past couple of weeks, I had felt like all I was doing was giving medication. Teegan and I both had our antibiotic to take for strep and Camdyn has mild acid reflux and is given her medicine 7 times a day. I have become quite the nurse...mom you'd be proud! Now we are all happy and healthy.


3 comments:
Yay! So glad you finally updated! I was waiting! Camdyn is gorgeous! Congratulations! I REALLY need to see her and get a "newborn baby fix". How are you hanging in there? The first few weeks after having Noah were ROUGH for me. Hope everything is going perfect. xoxo Shell
I'm so glad you have her home with you, and that she didn't get sick. It's so hard when a tiny healthy baby gets sick, so I'm glad that didn't happen.
You have a beautiful family.
So cute! I love the pictures. She is beautiful! Don't you hate having your baby at the hospital? Elle was in the nicu for a week and it was awful! My uncle told me babies can't get strep. Weird. I don't know if it is true or not? Hmm. Hope you are enjoying that sweet little girl!
Post a Comment