Apparently these are the only photos I took of the morning. Clearly we kept it low key.
..And post church. Max had already fallen asleep.
We had our dinner feast...or "Feaster" at the Hillam's home. It is the year that will never be forgotten because of the raspberry pretzel salad incident. I got it made and in the fridge a little too late, so it hadn't set before we had to jump in the car and go.
I set it right behind my chair on a flat surface, making sure the kids knew about it so they wouldn't step in it. We were worried about the soupy mixture spilling so we had even put a small towel under it. They live down a somewhat wind-ey road and Josh kept looking over his shoulder because he was worried about it. I told him that would be my job since he needed to watch the road. Against my best advice, he kept looking back at it and as he looked forward there was a sharper bend in the road and he had to swirve causing the very dark red soupy jello to spill! Grr!
When we got there, we were both annoyed with the situation. It looked like there was a murder scene in the back seat. I took the jello and the kids in as Josh went back out with some cleaner to attempt to get it out of the carpet. As my friend Sarah was putting it into her fridge she spilled it too. haha!
Some how there was still some to eat (even though we remembered it toward the end of the meal)..and then when we went home that night we accidentally left it behind in the car. I didn't find it until that next morning when we went to go somewhere!
My friend Amy made this too cute to eat cocoa krispy cake!
This girl belongs on the farm. We could hardly get her to come inside and eat. She didn't even care what everyone else was doing, she just wanted to chase the chickens. Love seeing her be a kid!
And when I was out there with her, one of the chickens flew up and landed on my head! Is that even normal?!

Confetti eggs and easter egg hunt.














No comments:
Post a Comment