2.8.15
We had family from Utah..grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors and friends come to my family's ward to listen to Landon speak about his mission. It was a full house on Sunday!
His cake with all the areas he served in.
After Sacrament meeting, we had a shindig at the house for lunch.
Does it get any better than a house full of family?!
We watched Landon's mission video..for the tenth time. ;)
We had anticipated Landon's talk, as he was the last speaker along with another returning missionary and it was so wonderful! I could have listened forever. I tried to remember all the details so I could come home and give it to Josh. He talked about how his mission changed his life. He told stories that had us laughing...especially when he talked about he and his companion joining the knitting club with all the older women in town to get to know and love them. He's quite the knitter I must say! ;) My cute mom was proudly wearing one of the scarves he knitted for her.
He had a huge smile on his face while he spoke and a glow about him. No doubt that his mission and especially the people he served mean the world to him. His testimony was powerful and the spirit was strong. I know that I had an eight year old boy sitting next to me who had his eyes glued to Landon. I am so grateful for the example that Landon is...not just to Teegan but to all of us!
More than anything what I have learned from this missionary is to accept what is ahead, enjoy, and love. I think it's safe to say that his experience wasn't always what he expected, but he made the best of every situation and was happy. Is he ever not happy?! His example was certainly a strength to me when we moved to Texas. It was a struggle for me in the beginning. I thought of my little brother way way up north often and it was a great reminder to suck it up and embrace the changes because my attitude was the one thing I could control.
Imari sang "Lead Kindly Light" and Brylee played the violin as well.
My Uncle Deryl passed mom a little folded up piece of paper during the meeting that said, "Landon needs a tan". We had a good laugh over that one.
Right after lunch it was time for the kids and I to go. It happened way too quickly!
We said our tearful goodbyes and before we left mom and dad gave one more hug. As my forehead was pressed up against my mom & dad's in our group hug, I had the thought that while living away is definitely not always ideal, it does give us a greater appreciation for one another and our time together! I feel so blessed to call these amazing people my family.
The kids and I caught a ride back to Utah with my two aunts and cousins.
It was so fun because we haven't got to spend much time together in years. There was a lot of catching up to do. They went on and on about Teegan and Camdyn...and they leave you with a feeling like your the most amazing mom/person ever. They are just those kind of people. It's easy to see they're the daughters of Grandma Hirschi. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment