We have quite the situation over here in the Miles household.
All three of our children at the exact same time, are having issues about going to bed. Josh and I dread the bed time scene.
So there's Teegan...at school he read a ghost book and it has ruined our perfect sleeper. He was never scared of the dark before this. He now has weird dreams about hands without bodies attached in his bedroom. (Poor kid!) There will be no Goosebumps books in his near future!
Camdyn is scared of some Minecraft character named "Haunted Purpose". Josh and I can't even figure out who that is. That name has become a swear word in our house because if it is said out loud Camdyn loses it! Even during the day she is scared. I have to sit in her room with her when she gets dressed and makes her bed. Luckily, that has gotten better. At night...if we hear her whistling that is code for "Get in my room now..i'm freaked out!"
As for Mr. Max of course he learned how to climb out of the crib just before Teegan and Camdyn were having their issues. It's a fun new thing and he wants to get out ten times before falling asleep. (He's great at nap time though). Josh and I would listen outside of his bedroom door. In the beginning he would climb out and jiggle the door handle to try and get out and when it didn't work, he would climb back into bed. It was kind of adorable and had us cracking up. Now he handles the door knobs like a pro. I also bought him a glow in the dark binki.. (I didn't even know it was). It's quite entertaining to see his mouth glowing at night and when we walks into our bedroom in the wee hours of the morning, all I can see is the shape of the binki walking to my side. Makes me laugh!
So since Teegan and Max share a bedroom this has made things complicated. Teegan wants a nightlight but Max needs the darkness so he won't be as tempted to get out. We have also started locking Max in the room, but that's not fair to Teegan when he's scared. So every night there is discussion about where Teegan will be sleeping. He gets shuffled from the guest bedroom, to Camdyn's floor, to our bed (that was until he wet the bed on my side and I didn't discover it until I hopped in!) It really is a nightmarish ordeal and I can't wait until we find a routine again.
It's always a sweet relief when they finally fall asleep!
This was after nap time...
These kids usually aren't so needy. At night they occasionally ask Josh or I to lay with them. I really don't mind it (most nights) because I know the day will soon come when they don't want their mom laying with them. So i'll take advantage while I can. A couple of months ago Teegan was wanting me so I snuggled up with him and before too long, Max climbed out and joined us. He layed on my chest for at least five minutes or so...which is rare. Teegan had his primary music playing softly next to us. In that moment with my boys, I was overcome with the spirit. It was a sweet reassurance that I really needed. I had some concerns and worries for Max mostly. Moms worry in a way that dads never can truly understand. I'm so grateful for those special moments. I'm so grateful for these little ones that I can call mine...even if they are horrible about going to bed!




No comments:
Post a Comment