Sunday, March 24, 2013

My refinished table..

I got brave and decided I wanted to redo my table. My lovely and talented friend, McKenna was a lot of help. She inspired me to do this and answered all of my questions. I thought it would be a fun project and it was at first...but after applying primer, and by the second coat of paint..I was SO done! Sanding the table top was no picnic either. I thought we would be without our table for a week if I really spent a lot of time on it..but it was more like two and a half. I am so happy we can have our regular meal routine back...instead of kids eating on their hands and knees leaning over the chair. And I'm sure Josh is happy to not have his wife looking like a homeless lady..wearing my painting get up everyday! :)
In the end, i'm glad i did it..happy with the way it turned out..and glad it is over with.
Camdyn loved helping me with the primer..

Friday morning there was a flea market in Pocatello, so mom and Brianne came. We scored some awesome junk! So glad they love this kind of stuff as much as I do..
Then we had lunch. Camdyn was so happy about it if you can't tell.
That night, the boys headed out for a movie and we did a pinterest craft. We made planter box centerpieces for our tables. 

4 comments:

Furniss Family said...

That table turned out so cute! Great job :) Love the planter box too, so fun! It's so fun having family close isn't it? We need to get together with you guys in the next couple months or something.

The Fox Family said...

Good job on he table! That's beautiful! I want to do that to mine too. Did you redo the top or just paint the black parts white? Also-can you adopt me? I want to be in your family! Fun finds at a flea market and cute boxes! I may copy!

Fisher Family said...

How impressive! You did such a nice job!

Unknown said...

Great job Brittany! See you are a pro. I must look like a homeless lady all the time...lol
I love the centerpiece too!