4.15.12
Well all we know is that Josh passed the first part of boards. (Which is the patient based one & more important) As far as the second part..he is still anxiously waiting to find out and checks probably 10 times a day to see if results are up. It may take forever!
He had to take the ADEX exam (which is what Idaho approves) and isn't offered at VCU. So he and his fellow classmate/friend Scott had to go to Washington D.C. to take the exam at Howard. He didn't love the idea taking it in a different clinic, not having home court advantage and all, but he made the best of it. They went the day before and stayed at a bed & breakfast. (Which by the way didn't have AC, so they didn't get a good nights rest.)
I was one of two of Josh's patients. So early in the morning me and 4 others..who were Scott's patients and they both found an assistant as well..caught the train and headed to D.C. It was a nice, peaceful trip. After a little confusion at the metro..we found our way to the dental school. I was Josh's second patient so I had plenty of time to kill in the waiting room along with all the other anxious patients. I had time to read and was entertained by all the patients walking by with their teeth hanging out because of their rubber dam. Even though I was feeling tired from getting very little sleep..worrying about the day, I was feeling cool as a cucumber. That is until I was called back to the dental chair.
I am the type who gets a little anxious before a dental visit but I always manage and do just fine. This time was very different. I kept having thoughts about how everything that Josh had worked for over the past 4 years came down to this very moment. It was all on me! I was his last patient, he had no backup, and he only had a few hours left (since it is timed).
Let's just say I totally freaked myself out! When Josh took my blood pressure..which is mandatory before beginning, it was 88/48. Josh even said my face was flushed. I didn't admit to him that I wasn't feeling well because I didn't want to stress him out anymore than he already was. I totally almost passed out! Who knows what would have happened if I did. Luckily I got my act together and things went just fine.
In the beginning we kept saying how lucky we were because I was his patient so that meant I wouldn't flake out on him and it would save us money because he wouldn't have to pay someone else to be his patient. But that is assuming that your wife won't crack under pressure! If he knew what a mess I was going to be maybe he wouldn't have wanted me. Plus the fact that my filling was huge and he had to sit back and think..ok what the heck do I do now?
All in all it went well. And thank heavens it's over and he has passed.
(I'm sure he passed the second part. :)



1 comment:
Oh man... I got nervous just reading this!! But thank goodness it all worked out in the end.
Well done, Dr. J.
Post a Comment