Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Tribute

These are some {believe it or not, there are a few more} of the 4th years who's husbands are graduating from dental & med school..and so they are leaving us to move on with their lives. 
Good byes are painful..and these wonderful ladies are irreplaceable. We will miss them all terribly! For our last Thursday nights scraps, we wanted to do something special. We had an awards ceremony, announced the top 10 things that we loved about each one of them, made them yearbooks that we spent the night passing around and signing (so felt like high school), and a then a slide show. It was a fun night of tears, laughs, and reminiscing.
It was a particularly busy playing day in the front yard, so I felt the need to take a picture!
The sad news...half these kids & their mama's are leaving us.
Saying our dreadful good byes!
Teeg & Camdyn drew each of their friends a picture to give before they left. I got teary when they ran to meet each other in the middle and greeted with hugs. They get so excited to see each other.
I have come to realize just how much I will miss these kids. They are my kid's little buddies, being so close in age and all. Over the past few years we have really seen them grow. It will be weird to not see them out playing everyday. Boo hoo!
After we walked away, Teeg said to me.."mom I don't need to go cry in my room cause I still have more friends!" I need to have that attitude. :)
It's been an emotional past couple of days. These people have become like family. We have shared so many adventures together. They have, in a huge part, made our experience here what it is. 
I know life will go on, it will be ok. :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Such good people, eh?

Sometimes growing up (or seeing other people grow up) stinks.

Sara said...

oh stop these tears!!!! seriously that makes me so sad seeing those pics reminding me of our tearful goodbye!!! we miss you guys like crazy!!!!

Fisher Family said...

You will keep in touch with some of them forever! I know we have.