This year was different. We decided to make a family birthday out of it. {My sister in law gave me the idea..thanks Becky!} It was so fun to include the kids. I made this delicious spice cake with caramel cream cheese frosting. The frosting was heavenly! It only took me two hours. :) I got the recipe from my friend. You can get it HERE.
The next morning we went to the Confederate White House Museum and tour. The admission on museums throughout the country were waived this day so we took advantage of the opportunity. We took our kids on the tour knowing if one of us had to take them out, oh well..it was free.
Lucky for us, they were awesome and it was a 45 minute tour.
It's huge inside, much bigger than it looks. It was beautiful. There were a lot of intricate details. We even saw a chair that Queen Elizabeth once sat in..pretty cool!
That night, we tucked our kids nicely in bed and snuck out for dinner.
We had a good time reminiscing and remembering that day 6 years ago.






6 comments:
I love that idea! I might be trying that this year. I never thought of it as your family birthday, but that is so perfect. Congrats, you guys!
Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate. Time as a family and time alone together.
Such a cute idea, and that cake looks DELISH!!! Happy Anniversary guys!
What a cute idea...I LOVE IT! Next year will be our 6th so I might copy what you did for your 6th! Happy Anniversary!
It's crazy to think back to our Rexburg days... before we knew our husbands and kids. I still call myself 'Mommy' sometimes... not because I'm a Mom, but because of the good times in Rexburg, lol.
Anyways, congrats on 6 years! That is fun to celebrate with the whole family! I might just have to do that!
Hooray for 6 years! It goes fast, eh? I remember riding in the car to the cabin with Britt for the first time. I might have to request that you make that cake at Christmas. It could be our special dessert after the kids' nativity performance. :)
Post a Comment