Saturday, February 9, 2008

 Teegan has been feeling a little sick since Wednesday and here is how Britt and I found out. Brittany put Teegan to bed Wednesday night at about 8:30. We heard him whine at about 9:30 for a little bit, but we didn't think anything of it. When we went to bed at 10:00, Britt walked past Teegan's closed door and with a sniff sniff from her bionic nose (she's pregnant) asked, "Do you smell parmesan cheese coming from his bedroom?" I did my sniffage, and conceded that she was right. I reluctantly opened his door and the parmesan cheese odor quickly turned into something much worse. I covered my nose and walked in to discover that he had thrown up all over himself, the sheets, crib, pillowcase, and bumper, and then went back asleep after he had rolled his head around in it. Yuck! After the clean up and a sleepless night (mostly for Britt), he did pretty good the next day. The day after was another story. We gave him some milk in the morning and he threw up on the recliner. We cleaned it the best we could, but can still smell a hint of the "Teegan Surprise". Then, this morning (while I was gone thankfully) he had a blowout and then obviously a bath. After his bath, Brittany wrapped him in a towel and went to get his clothes. The Teegster wasn't finished yet. He went again in the towel (it's not over)! After another clean up, Britt put him on the counter while she heated him up some lunch. When she opened the utensil drawer to get a fork for him, he threw up again into the drawer. She called me right after and said, "I know you're busy studying, but I just had to tell someone about my morning!" We laughed all day about it. She took it much better than I would have.
These past few days have just proven once again how great my wife is. To experience these last few day while being pregnant, sleep deprived, and again...pregnant and still be able to laugh is something to be admired.

2 comments:

Bishop Family said...

Parmesan cheese!?!?! That is wonderful. Sound like Britt has got the snout of a blood hound. Reminds me of myself but my nose is much larger. Great story guys. Can't say that it made me feel good about the Pizza Hut (with parmesan) Ash and I had last night.

Kara said...

Hey! I found your blog off of Ashley's. Anyways, Josh you do have a great wife. She is such a sweetie! I hear you guys are headed to dental school in the fall. How exciting:) James and I are too! (tennessee). Hope all is well with your family!